The world is obsessed with superheroes. We read comics about them, we watch TV shows based on superheroes, we watch several sequels of movies based on superheroes. We want to believe that superheroes are real, they should be real, don’t we? No matter how superficial the superhero movies appear, we love to follow the series. One such great superhero of all time is non-other than Superman. He is the most powerful, he is handsome, and he is the best. And keeping this ‘super-hero’ obsession in mind, for the fans of Superman fan club we have come up with
Table of Contents
- 10 most surprising facts about Superman that you would love to know.
- 1. Christopher Reeve was not the perfect size for the role of Superman
- 2. Superman phobia in World War II
- 3. ‘S’ doesn’t stand for Superman
- 4. Superman’s love for alliteration
- 5. Superman didn’t always use to fly
- 6. There is Superman on Canadian currency
- 7. Superman was sold for $130
- 8. The secret behind his tight suit
- 9. Superman was evil once
- 10. Color of Kryptonite
10 most surprising facts about Superman that you would love to know.
1. Christopher Reeve was not the perfect size for the role of Superman
When Donner chose Reeve to be the Superman he had some second thoughts about his size. He wanted Reeve to look stronger and this is why Reeve put on 50 pounds to play Superman.
2. Superman phobia in World War II
The time of World War II was very crucial for the US government. That was the time they were experimenting with secret weapons (atomic powers). During that time in an edition, Superman was shown flying with Atomic Bomb which made the US government a little paranoid. US government decided to delay that publication.
3. ‘S’ doesn’t stand for Superman
Writer Geoff Johns confirmed it, too, that ‘S’ in Superman’s costume doesn’t stand for his name ‘Superman’. It stands for the Kryptonian symbol for “hope”. Shocker, isn’t it?
4. Superman’s love for alliteration
It might sound funny, but don’t you think all of the Superman’s girlfriends have first and last name starting with L. for example, Lyla Lerrol, Lori Lemaris, Lana Lang, Lois Lane, LexLuthor, and Linda Lee. What do you say?
5. Superman didn’t always use to fly
Superman was supposed to only jump from buildings to buildings because of his being alien and the earth’s gravity. But in 1940s cartoons they were not able to show his knees bent for jumping, so his superpower became to fly long distances.
6. There is Superman on Canadian currency
Which country loves superman the most? Maybe Canada. The love for Superman is evident in Canada, as the Royal Canadian Mint is printing currency with Superman on it. Click here to know more.
7. Superman was sold for $130
The creator of the character Superman sold it to DC comics for $130. Apparently, he never knew that his created character would become immensely popular.
8. The secret behind his tight suit
Well, do you ever wonder why Superman’s super-suit never tears off or get ripped in a fight? This is because his super suit is actually a bioelectric aura that protects and covers his skin. It is like his skin.
9. Superman was evil once
In the first editions, Superman was shown as bad and bald scientific experiment who a homeless man is named Bill Dunn. It came out in 1932 under the title The Reign of the Superman. Thank God, it didn’t prevail.
10. Color of Kryptonite
It was believed that different colors of Kryptonite have different effects on Superman. Kryptonite came in green, silver, and pink. Green Kryptonite weakens Superman, Silver became super powerful while Pink Kryptonite would turn him gay. Amazing fact, right?