Indians have got another reason to be happy or glad since another thing from India gains world recognition. Not just it gains the world’s recognition it actually made a world record. Without building further suspense we are more than glad to disclose that the Adiyogi Lord Shiva Statue, which stands 112 ft. high has made a world record of being the world’s largest sculpture or statue.
Yes, it did make it to The Guinness Book of World Records.
Continue to read…
- The 112 ft. a tall statue of Lord Shiva situated in Coimbatore at the Isha Yoga Centre was unveiled by PM Modi on February 24.
- The world’s largest statue or bust has gained worldwide recognition when The Guinness Book of World Records recorded it as the world’s largest ‘bust’.
- The bust was founded by Isha Foundation and led by spiritual guru Jaggi Vasudev. Thousands of people visit to see this divine statue every day.
- The representative said “The Adiyogi is the source of Yoga and to create awareness among the people about Adiyogi science, this 112 ft. the tall statue had been consecrated by Prime Minister Modi during February this year.”
- Speaking about the structure, its design and the challenges they faced he said: “It took thirty months to design and eight months to erect this stature.”
- The press release on the website of The Guinness Book Of World Records says “It is 112.4 feet high, 24.99 meters wide and 147 feet long, as verified on March 11, 2017.”
- The Isha Foundation has gained world recognition by The Guinness Book of World Records, even before, back in 2006 for planting millions of plantlets. And this the second time they made it to the world’s list book again.
Another interesting fact is that the Isha Foundation has big plans further. The foundation plans to set up three more similar statues, with utmost similar height across the country.