The movies that hit the screen do so with the intention of earning praise from the audiences and critics but it also intends to earn huge profits and make economic gains also. Without adjusting inflation, only 37 movies have made $1 billion and more at the box office.
Table of Contents
- These movies have proved them to be the most loved ones here is the list of these movies from the group of $1 billion and more:
- 1. Beauty and the Beast (2017) – Total gross revenue: $1,263,500,000
- 2. Frozen (2013) – Total gross revenue: $1,276,500,000
- 3. Finding Dory (2016) – Total gross revenue: $1,028,600,000
- 4. Jurassic World (2015) – Total gross revenue: $1,670,400,000
- 5. Avatar (2009) – Total gross revenue: $2,788,000,000
- 6. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) – Total gross revenue: $2,068,200,000
- 7. Titanic (1997): Total gross revenue: $2,187,500,000
These movies have proved them to be the most loved ones here is the list of these movies from the group of $1 billion and more:
1. Beauty and the Beast (2017) – Total gross revenue: $1,263,500,000
The movie from Walt Disney Studios in the year 2017 was the highest grossing film. It had passed $1 billion marks for global box- office sales.
2. Frozen (2013) – Total gross revenue: $1,276,500,000
For Disney, the film still continues to maintain the records for being the most successful film. The movie holds the number 1 position as the highest grossing animating film of all time. It has two Oscars to its name also.
3. Finding Dory (2016) – Total gross revenue: $1,028,600,000
The film from the Disney Pixar’s drew moviegoers from all age group to find dory. It was the animated film from the year 2016 to cross the $1 billion mark and the first film was Zootopia.
4. Jurassic World (2015) – Total gross revenue: $1,670,400,000
The film broke all records and became the fastest film to get to the club of $1 billion in only 13 days. Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom (2018)- Total gross revenue: $1,309,500,000.
The second installment in the Jurassic Park trilogy from the Universal had an amazing opening weekend and then within two weeks, it crossed the one billion dollar mark. All for the film assures that the sequence of this will also love the impressive numbers
5. Avatar (2009) – Total gross revenue: $2,788,000,000
The James Cameron film is the highest grossing film of all time. With a record of earning more the $2 billion at the box office, it’s at the top position of the list.
However, with the ever-increasing ticket prices, the chances of any other film reaching here and competing with this film are pretty high.
6. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) – Total gross revenue: $2,068,200,000
The 7th movie in the ‘Star Wars’ franchise broke the Jurassic Park record and reached the $1billion dollar club in just 12 days. Importantly the movie was unstoppable and reached further and became the film that had earned $2 billion dollars.
It’s the highest grossing “Star –War” film of all times. Star War: The Last Jedi (2017), Star Wars: Episode 1- The Phanthom Menace (1999) are also the films from the same series to be in the $1 billion dollar club.
7. Titanic (1997): Total gross revenue: $2,187,500,000
Till dates even after 2 decades of its release, the charm has not faded and the movie still has the record for being at the position of top 3 in terms of box office records.