Voting is not just right of a citizen it is also a duty. In any democracy right to vote is one of the most important aspects as the leader who gets elected through this process runs the entire nation. Hence, it is vital that the right candidate is elected. India is a democratic country but only a small percentage of population vote during elections. In that scenario, proper justification is not done to the democracy as well as to the voting right. There are various factors due to which people avoid voting like sensitive booths, corruption among officials, the problem with visiting the booth and many more issues. All these issues could be prevented only when the online voting system is brought in light. This article is all about the ways in which online voting can justify the voting right. How online voting justifies the right to vote?
- Only having the right to vote is not enough, people must know whom they are voting and whether that leader is eligible to run the nation smoothly. When an online platform is introduced then people automatically get literate and have knowledge about their position in a country with respect to the social issues, empowerment, and many other aspects of growth and development.
- Today in the electoral process of India, there is a huge gap between urban and rural areas of India as the growth aspects and issues of these places are completely different so the eligibility of the leader leading both the areas also differs. By the usage of online medium people could be made politically literate and after that voting should be made compulsory.
- There are many countries where voting is compulsory that means people have to cast their vote by compulsion. It has been found that all these countries are doing well on the economic front. In order to compete with all such democracies, India has to first make voting compulsory for every citizen and that is only possible by introducing a voting website.
- It has been found that sometimes low turnout of voters has resulted in unworthy candidates to win the election and rule the nation. The low turnout of voters occur due to reasons like some of them may not be present in the country or some may not be in good health while others may simply feel lazy to go to the booth. Whatever may be the reason, it could be easily resolved by implementing an online voting system as through online medium citizens can vote easily from the comfort of their house.
- A huge amount is spent in campaigning for elections and for encouraging people to vote, a further lot of money is spent in conducting the elections. For polling stations and officials who conduct the election process, a large amount is spent but that could be saved if an online platform is used for voting.
If India wants to reflect the aspirations of their population in their leader then online voting is essential. This will truly just right to vote of every citizen as well as there will fair elections without any both capturing.