Epilepsy is a disorder which is associated with the neurological functionalities of the affected persons. People suffering from epilepsy gets to experience recurrent seizures which occurs due to some changes in the electrical activity of the brain cells. The severity of these seizures depends on the individuals and their health conditions.
The ones who are affected severely are more prone to get these concurrent seizures more frequently than those whose condition is less severe. If we talk about the occurrence of this disease, approximately a whopping 50 million people worldwide are affected by this disease.
Though it is not too fatal and can be treated by anti-seizure medicines like the CBD oil for seizures and other medications, the concurrent seizures are difficult to handle for the patients as they completely drain their strength.
The common causes of epilepsy include
In most of the cases, the exact cause of epilepsy is not known in people. But if we go by the common causes or factors causing epilepsy in an individual, they can be the following
- Genetic factors or inheritance possibilities
- Any kind of mental trauma that took place in any accident cases of the patient’s life
- Brain damages that could have occurred before birth or the prenatal injuries of the brain.
- Brain conditions that include tumours or strokes in certain patients
- Any developmental disorder which may include a person suffering from neurofibromatosis or autism.
- Infectious Diseases like viral encephalitis or aids which can affect the electrical functionality of brains.
These are some of the common causes of a person growing epilepsy. In most cases, it is seen that children below 2 years of age and adults above 65 years of age are more prone to develop epilepsy than the ones in between.
And the severity of the patients is found out by the types of seizures they are facing and which in turn helps to find out what part of the brain is affected.
Now let us move on to the symptoms of a person suffering from epilepsy
Obviously, the ultimate and main symptom of epilepsy is the concurrent seizures that a person experiences, but there are certain other symptoms that take place as well. They are
- No temperature convulsion
- Fainting spells or loss of a person’s ability to have control over his or her actions
- Partial blackout or loss of memory
- Body become stiff
- Sudden fall down
- The patient becomes fearful, blinks, chews and becomes dazed, etc. for no apparent reasons.
- The body jerks and the person losses senses
The treatments of epilepsy include
As discussed earlier, the most common treatment for epilepsy or concurrent seizures is to provide the patients with anti-seizure drugs.
The CBD oil for seizures has proved to work wonders in treating the patients and lessening the number of seizures by a great amount. Apart from the normal drug dosages, in some severe cases, surgery is also recommended by the health experts.
The final take
There is no disorder that occurs on the human body where the presence of the messaging systems of their brain function. And thus, epilepsy is one of those disorders that gets affected due to the disrupted electrical activity of human brain.
But with proper treatments, it can be cured or controlled to some extents!