Society defines beauty with restrict denotations. Someone who is tall, fair and has a perfect slim body is considered to be beautiful. Especially when it comes to women, beauty is associated with everything perfect, perfect size, and face. Aren’t we fed up with all stupid ads that support the idea of being “fair and pretty”? This is the time we should change our mentality and these stupid social norms that define perfect beauty.
What if we tell you that one Indian model is alone challenging all these social norms associated with beauty? We are talking about the “bald and beautiful” model, Toshada Uma who has taken the internet by storm for all the good reasons.
India based model, not only shuns the stereotypical idea of “beauty” but also challenges it by setting new norms or let say re-defining beauty in her own terms.
- Toshada Uma is a 19 years old model who chose fashion industry in order to prove herself. She is making the world talk about her for all the good reasons. Her story is as interesting as she is. She is not a teenager who shot to fame overnight, she rather fought for herself and from herself in order to be someone who is not different but makes a difference in the society.
- To start from the beginning, Toshada was only 9 when she was diagnosed with a rare condition called Alopecia. A medical condition in which a person starts losing all the hair. She was devasted at once when she started losing her hair.
- A 10 years old girl, was getting bald and she had to deal with it. So, she did. She started losing her hair, she had bald patches all over her head. But even this did not stop her from living her dreams and making a career of her choice. Her medical condition could not stop her from focusing on her interests.
- As she grew her medical condition grew with her, by the age of 15 she knew that it is now a part of her identity and she should embrace it. Instead of hiding her medical condition she decided to make it her asset. She decided to shave her head completely and teach the world to accept all the people similarly.
- Toshada started gaining recognition, media, photographers started approaching her for being a model. Uma always had an inclination for fashion and modeling was the best things ever happened to her. She sure gave it some thought but then she asked a question to herself that she now wants everyone to ask. Why shouldn’t she be a model?
- She totally embraced herself and started modeling. Other than modeling she started her blogging and reaching out to the world by social media. She started an online business called Altshop where anyone can have a piece of her style and fashion.
- Well, Toshada already has fans all over the world, she is bald, 4.8 ft tall and ruling the fashion world on her own terms. She is making some major moves in order to jolt down the societal norms that stereotype the idea of “beauty”. It’s Uma who is telling the world that beauty cannot be denoted or connoted by specified features or shape or color. Every woman is beautiful and every woman should embrace herself with all their deformity, or medical condition or physical condition.
- It’s the society or the world’s way to bully you by setting up grounded rules and types of beauty. By idealizing a female body as perfect in every form. And bullying is not right, bullying must be shunned.
We at Gudstory, salute the spirit of 19 years of Toshada Uma who stood up to tell the world and she is “bald and beautiful” and anyone who doesn’t find it beautiful should get their facts corrected. Be a fan and follow her on social media to support her. To connect to Toshada Uma click here.
All above images source: Instagram/ Toshada Uma