Imagine a gym where you get to admire the best surrounding and an unusual structure, where you work out while gliding over the river. Yes, such a place does exist. Paris never fails to impress the world with its innovative ways. The unusual invention we are talking about is actually a gym that floats over the River Seine in Paris.
People not only workout here but also make the gym work. Now, this is called an invention!
- Dubbed the Paris Navigating Gym is a 65 feet long boat which is made up of glass walls. And it generates its energy from the passengers’ workout. Now, how cool is that! The fancy gym as no heavy fuel consuming engine, rather it runs on the energy produced by its passengers’ exercise on spinning bikes.
- The developer of this innovative gym is from an Italian firm, Carol Ratti Associati. They purposely designed it sleek yet spacious, so that it works fine and can host 45 people. It has spinning bikes and cross trainer.
- The passengers can see the quantity of energy that they produce out of their exercise on the reality screens and can see through it, too, as they are made up of glass.
“It’s fascinating to see how the energy generated by a workout at the gym can actually help to propel a boat.” Says the founder.
- The developers believe that it is a very ‘doable project” and would have a great impact on city life. The whole idea is inspired by the Bateaux Mouches, the ferry boat that used to glide its tourists over the river.
- The whole idea behind inventing this super intelligent boat gym is that the people in the city become more conscious about themselves and their health. Also, it is very encouraging due to its unusual form and perfect location.
Though there still isn’t a word about when this project will be implemented, we know that once ordered this can be implemented in 18 months. Well, we really hope this comes into the process soon and not just in Paris but other cities and countries should soon adopt it.