“Routine handwashing is amongst the best practices to follow to stop the spreading of illness and germs.”
Good hygiene practice is necessary to stay healthy. It is practiced for improving our immune system by avoiding gems and related illnesses. Cleaning your hands is the most basic form of individual hygiene, which helps prevent germs leading to sickness and infections.
When you touch objects around or shake hands with people, you get in contact with gems. These germs can lead to cold or cough, and another infectious disease which can be communicable. Your hands cannot always be virus-free, but by frequent practice of handwashing, you can minimize it to a bare minimum.
Table of Contents
- Here are a few reasons why handwashing must be practiced in our daily lives:
Here are a few reasons why handwashing must be practiced in our daily lives:
1. Healthy Children Are Happy Children
Washing hands with Dettol Hand Wash is the safest way to keep hygiene. It helps keep children away from diseases caused by infectious germs and in school. Healthy children are happier, and they are likely to do better in school.
2. Prevent Illness, Especially During Monsoon
Handwashing may help in preventing diseases, especially during monsoon. This season attracts various infections which can be harmful if personal hygiene is not kept. Daily handwashing is a must, especially before and after every meal. Also, use Dettol Hand Wash every time after using the washroom to keep germs at bay.
3. Handwashing Is Quick and Easy
From children to adults, effective handwashing is a skill that anyone can learn fast and easy. It takes 15 to 20 seconds to follow these following steps:
- Wet your hands
- Apply Dettol Handwash on your hands
- Lather and scrub your hands including nails properly
- Rinse them with water
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or napkins
October 15 is celebrated as Global Handwashing Day every year to promote healthy habits in people. For 2019, the theme of the campaign is to encourage links between handwashing and food, including food nutrition and hygiene.
4. Promote Handwashing in Your Community
As a part of maintaining healthy hygiene, everyone must promote the practice in their community, especially in villages.
Washing hands, on critical times of the day with Dettol Hand Wash, is the best way to improve personal hygiene. Last year, the theme of the campaign focused on “Clean Hands: A Recipe for Health” to promote better own hygiene practices, particularly handwashing and sanitizing.
5. The Requirement of Hand Hygiene
The critical areas where hand hygiene is required are:
- After using the restroom/bathroom/toilet.
- After changing and disposing of a baby’s diaper.
- Before and after eating food or feeding children.
- Before and after handling raw food such as fish, chicken, and more.
- After getting in contact with a contaminated surface such as dustbin, floor, and more.
- After blowing or wiping nose or hand sneezing.
- After handling pets or any other animal.
- Before and after wound dressing.
- Before and after giving care to an infected person.
- After getting in contact with blood or similar fluid containing material.
6. Keep Your Child’s Hands Clean
Children are most vulnerable to the infection spreading through hand germs. Whenever they play out or inside a home, they come in contact with many bacteria which are harmful to them. Children are mostly fussy about hygiene; hence, it becomes our duty to teach them. Encourage your children to use Dettol Hand Wash every time they encounter an infected or potential surface which can later cause harm.
Children learn faster whatever they see. Inculcate the habit yourself and teach your children simultaneously.
7. Be a Germ Buster and Wash Your Hands
Effective hygiene practice is of utmost importance to break the chain of infection transmission from hands and improving the immune system. Forgetting to wash hands may encourage germs to breed in our hands and surroundings. Handwashing with Dettol Hand Wash will remove viruses and bacteria before it enters our body or gets in contact with others. Major illnesses transmitted from not washing hands properly are diarrhoea and pneumonia.
The recipe for proper hand hygiene is quick and easy to remember and follow. Encouraging small habits today can have a lifelong effect.