It has been claimed that it is Bhai- behen versus Modi- Yogi. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has taken charge as the AICC general secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
Yes it’s a big move, and after years of just guest appearance in the heat and dust of election campaigning and giving good and touch chase to her opponents in Uttar Pradesh. Till date she was just for the campaigns and proved her might but now she is in real politics as a serious contender. Her entry has revived Congress’s election campaign and has given then better chances of winning also.
Here are 10 facts that one must know or has kept many glued for years about this member of Gandhi clan:
- She grabs attention and has magnetic appeal during the crucial election rallies.
- She is considered as the replica of her grandmother and the 47 year old has been compared to her grandmother Indira Gandhi. She has the same electrifying personality and is seen in the same attire as her grandmother, cotton sarees and short fuss free bob hair cut.
- Her presence was felt even when she was in rally with her father Rajiv Gandhi during the 1980s.
- She is closest confidante or her elder brother Rahul Gandhi. She is well wisher and advisor to Rahul Gandhi and remained behind the scenes avoiding any formal position in the Congress party.
- Rahul was keen to join the politics however she had her role confined in politics only to in the constituencies of her mother Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi- Raebarelli and Amethi.
- Media was frenzy when she met NaliniSriharan, a sucicde bomber who blew up her father former PM Rajiv Gandhi. She has a philosophical side to it as she claims that this meeting helped her to get over the pain and sufferings that she had faced for so many years. Last year she said that Rahul Gandhi and she has ‘completely forgiven’ their father’s killers.
- Married to businessman Robert Vadra since 2007, she has faced constant criticism from BJP for her husband’s alleged corrupt land deals in Rajasthan and Haryana.
- Mother of two, Rehan and Miraya, stayed away from active politics as she had a strong feeling that certain pars of politics didn’t suit her.
- In 2009 she had given indications that she may once join active politics. She claimed in beautiful words that“As I am growing older, I’m realising that ‘never’ is a bad thing to say. So I’m not going to say never,”
- She claimed that sje was not aware of her own mind and could not see things clearly so had gone for a 10- day Vipasana meditation to get a clear aspect of her mind and thought process.