BMW stands at the forefront of German Engineering. It has been a flag bearer of style, luxury, and cutting-edge technology. If we talk about the technology used in these cars than it is some of the most sophisticated and intricate work available in the automotive industry.
So it is quite natural that when this luxurious machine breaks down than its repairs require expert knowledge to understand the intricacies of this beast.
Your car deserves expert care from a certified BMW mechanic because not everyone can repair a BMW, otherwise, more damage may be inflicted in the process.
Table of Contents
So now the million dollar question is; how to choose the right BMW mechanic?
Well there are a couple of pointers that if considered, can help you find a great BMW mechanic for your BMW, and give you the peace of mind, that the person handling your car is qualified enough to properly diagnose the issues you are facing with your car and effect necessary repairs as well as suggest preventive strategies to avoid unnecessary costs in the future.
So the pointers to locate a suitable BMW mechanic include:
- Specialization: “jack of all trades, master of none” is not the kind of attitude you would want to have with your BMW mechanic. In order for a mechanic to be able to perform effective diagnostics and repairs on a BMW, the person needs to be a specialist in BMW auto repairs having specific training and experience in using BMW specific repair methodologies, spare parts, and diagnostic tools.
- Training: The industry standard requires for a BMW specialist technician to have a postsecondary training in Automotive Service Technology (ASE) or related field. Additionally, the technician must possess a minimum of 3 years of working experience in a BMW specific environment, working on BMWs specifically.
The skills required include; technical and mechanical dexterity; effective diagnostic and problem recognition as well as troubleshooting skills.
- Tools, spare parts and diagnostic equipment: BMW diagnostics require specific equipment to enable a mechanic to identify the issues with your BMW. The tools require include an OBD2 scanner that interacts with your BMW’s various electrical components and allows the mechanic to understand and analyze the reasons for the misbehavior that your car is displaying.
Similarly, your mechanic should have all the necessary tools to be able to perform repairs on your BMW. We must also remember that BMW’s are premium cars in all segments that they are into and thus it’s imperative for your BMW mechanic to have access to.
Either Genuine or else BMW approved spare parts, as the installation of fake or duplicate spare parts can cause irreversible damage to your BMW.
- Customer engagement: The service provider should be able to provide you with sufficient information about the issues with your vehicle as well an appropriate estimate cost involved with the repairs.
But most of all, what you would need is an assurance that the work done on your vehicle is going to be the best possible. This will provide you peace of mind and an ease in leaving your BMW with the mechanic.
- Word of mouth review: It is always prudent to check out reviews and past experiences of previous customers before opting for or rejecting a particular mechanic. Though, one must remember to always check for multiple assessments from various customers’ experiences.
A BMW is a sophisticated car; a symbol of class and Excellence. But like everything else, it breaks down too. However, with the help of a good BMW mechanic, you can ensure that these breakdowns are nothing but hiccups on the way and not a permanent stop for your prized BMW.
Nowadays you can even find a BMW mechanic online and visit the mechanic for service and repair.