PDFs are undeniably one of the most widely used forms of document format that is generally used to view and share content. Thus, the primary PDF readers have a search option that lets you search the content it features with some phrases or words and the process is pretty simple for all the programs. If you are looking for solutions to the problem of pdf search not working how to fix like a pro, read below:
How to fix PDF search issues?
- Open a PDF file with the help of any PDF reader on your device.
- Press CTRL and then F or CMD + F
- You will have to input your search word in the text box.
- The first match can get highlighted
- Click on enter or the right arrow for navigating in between different results.
- Alternately you can click on the left arrow for going back.
- In the same way, you can input several words for creating and searching for a particular phrase in the PDF. For ending the PDF search you just can click on CTRL + F for hiding the search bar.
How to search for a PDF in a browser
Your most preferred internet browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and all the rest have their search functions on. You just need to do the following:
- Use any browser to open a PDF document
- Press CTRL and for CMD with F based on the OS of your device
- Alternately choose the find option in the list of menus
- Input and navigate in between the results with the help of different arrows.
- Click on X to hide or remove the search bar.
To make working with PDF files a lot simpler for the users, several free PDF readers have been created which provide all the basic functions so that you can search single pdf to several pdfs. You can even download as well as installation all your copies through the different pdf reader pages and search engines for pdf like Expertrec.
As mentioned above, searching for documents is the same in generally all PDF readers. Irrespective of the fact whether you view all the files with the help of any pdf reader application, the very basic two-button option must let you go through the content invisibly.
The dialogue box is not case sensitive, so the users need not worry about making the text capital that has to be searched and the search option will still find its march with any of the word that is typed in there.
In such cases, where the content that has to be searched is positioned as an image in the PDFS you might first have to change the pdf file in a format to which you can make changes to the file like Word with the help of pdf converter. Then, you can download the document and read the content by following the instructions mentioned above. The option of advanced searching is also available in Microsoft Word as well as excel which lets you search for several phrases and also replace any word with others in the document.