Cell phones and tablets affect the social and emotional development of children under three years of age. With the technological advancements of recent years, there has been a profound change in society, which affects practically all areas of life. Specifically, a debate has been opened around video games, since in one way or another they influence families, the education of children, their leisure and the distribution of their time.
A video game is an electronic game where one or several people can interact through a device or platform. At first, there was only one platform: the computer, but over time the technologies have evolved, and now a video game can be played on any platform, from consoles, arcade machines, mobile phones, tablets, to even
In Favor of Video Games
- Video games improve cognitive skills of minors; they develop their inventiveness, creativity, and intellectual capacity and analysis. It helps to unscrambler words, scrabble games and puzzles can resolve your problems by relaxing your mind.
- The frequent use of them enriches the capability of solving logic, deduction, and reasoning problems. Video games also help in increases spatial orientation and, in addition, better results are observed in the mathematics of the adolescents who use them.
- You can take advantage of its educational part and its playful part to stimulate children, so they are optimal tools for immersion in any type of activity.
- Promote mental agility, decision making and the ability to resolve conflicts. In addition, they allow comparing different strategies and consequences of the decisions made.
- Help to increase reflections, coordination, and confidence.
Against Video Games:
- Video games are detrimental to schoolwork and, in many cases; they influence school failure since there is a rejection of the school by the adolescent.
- They are addictive and can cause evasion in the child and, even, promote irritability, anxiety and aggressive reactions by the dependence that these games generate.
- They affect that children leave less than their rooms or that, directly, lock themselves up. They may end up losing interest in other types of activities, which implies a decomposition in their priorities, customs, and relationships.
- They generate terrible communication with the parents and make the child get used to not giving explanations and not to express their emotions as a family.
- They can cause a hostile environment and rises in the tone of voice at home.
- Also, affect friendships, which may be neglected or damaged.
- The child may suffer from daytime fatigue and drowsiness. During the day, you may not be able to face productive tasks due to lack of concentration and attention.
- In addition, the inhibitions and the traits of unsafe personalities are accentuated, and difficulties are generated in social competence.
- Video games create problems to abide by the rules and limits established by parents, precisely because of the immersion in the game and the addiction they generate.
- Currently, these games are presented in the online format. Each time, parents have less information about how their children are entertained because they are no longer the ones who buy them.
Violent Video Games:
About the games in which the violent images are constant, experts explain that young people can fall into the desire to occupy the protagonist’s role, because of the morbidity that involves causing harm without pain, which can confuse them. Besides, he adds that it is entirely gratuitous violence, that over stimulates them and that, although it does not have to have a direct consequence, it influences aggressive reactions.
Teens live a stage of their life in which they dare much more and want to try all kinds of things. Also, violent video games are not typical of irritable or aggressive people but are available to everyone. You have to be careful because it is proven that violent images influence the behavior of minors, “said the experts.
The addiction to the cell phone of the parents could damage the future of the children:
Everyone is suffering from a certain level of addiction to mobile phones, but few parents know the intellectual and emotional damage that addiction can cause their children, especially the little ones. According to neuroscience studies, it is during the first three years of life that the linguistic, emotional, social and motor abilities of the brain are developed more quickly.
The addiction to mobile is a problem that also affects the parents. In fact, it is estimated that one in five Spanish adults is addicted to mobile, with the consequent implications this has for their work productivity, emotional stability and interpersonal relationships.
However, what many parents overlook is that their addiction to the phone can also influence the relationship they have with their children, as well as the psychological development of the children.
According to neuroscience studies, it is during the first three years of life that the linguistic, emotional, social and motor abilities of the brain are developed more quickly.
Parents addicted to mobile, children naughtier and less communicative:
According to neuroscientists, the first three years of children’s lives are indispensable for the development of their emotional, linguistic, social and behavioral capacities. In this period, new neuronal connections are created that lay the foundations for the later development of many of its cognitive functions.
However, the formation of these neural networks is conditioned to a large extent by the early stimulation that the child receives from the environment, specifically from the relationship he establishes with his parents.
A relationship based on love and love in which parents are attentive to the needs of their children, in which they spend time together, and there is an open communication stimulates children’s brain development.
On the other hand, a distant relationship in which parents put their needs before those of children and in which they hardly take into account their wishes not only deteriorates the bond with their children but also affects the emotional and behavioral development of the children.
Hence gaming on mobile has both a positive and negative effect on the relationship. It is up to us how we use it.