We need not mention how crazily people look forward to the Fifa cups. Football isn’t a game, it has become humankind’s as eternal part of religion is. When we are talking about FIFA we cannot skip talking about huge stadiums where the games take place. And for 2022 we are going to have a new and much-anticipated pitch at the Khalifa International Stadium. Yes, first fully air-conditioned FIFA stadium is all set to have games in 2022.
Here is all you need to know about the Khalifa International Stadium that we will witness during the final match of the biggest domestic cup, The Emir Cup.
- Qatar World Cup is days away, but the stadium where the games will take place is already hitting the headlines. Why for? Well, of course for its unique and advanced features.
- Nasser Al- Khater a senior from the World Cup organization say “it’s a stadium dear to our hearts, Khalifa Stadium so we’re happy that it’s the first stadium to be completed. It’s real, it shows you the progress you’ve been working hard on is actually coming to reality. And you can see it and you can feel it. It’s tangible. It’s a thrill.”
- Well, sure it’s a thrill for both the audiences and the teams, too, since the huge stadium houses 40,000 fans.
- Not only is that exciting, Khalifa is a fully air-conditioned stadium that has about 500 jet nozzles that will blow cool hair and keep the temperature around 23 degrees.
- Dr. Saud Ghani from Qatar University says “There isn’t on earth, one open air, air-conditioned stadium.”
- That’ not all, the proud thing is Khalifa will use 40 % less energy than the other cooling methods to keep it cool. Chilled water will be piped to the stadium from a cooling center and after it arrives cold air will be pushed into the stadium.
- Qatar’s finance minister told that the country is spending $500 m every week on the stadium. Now they are spending $10 billion on the entire project.