Summers are all about green and leafy vegetables and those crunchy and tasty salads. No one could ever imagine preparing a salad without using green leafy vegetables or lettuce (Lettuce free Salads). There is nothing like that. We have compiled a list of some of the best crunchy and satisfying salads for you which I am sure you can’t give up eating if you started once.
If you are not a fan of leafy greens and you still want to eat something light in those scorching summers, check out these salads with no lettuce.
Table of Contents
- List of Healthy Lettuce free Salads
- 1. Quinoa, Apple Salad and Roasted Eggplant with Cumin Vinaigrette
- 2. Chickpea Salad
- 3. Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
- 4. White Bean and Tuna Salad
- 5. Smoky Eggplant and Tomato Salad
- 6. Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Cashews
- 7. Thai cucumber salad with peanuts
- 8. Bean salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 9. Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
List of Healthy Lettuce free Salads
1. Quinoa, Apple Salad and Roasted Eggplant with Cumin Vinaigrette
You can’t imagine a better version of eggplant. Isn’t it? This is a healthy salad to get whole grains and veggies into your diet. This is a great salad to pack for yourself if you are heading for a picnic or small travel.
2. Chickpea Salad
Chickpea salad is my all-time favourite. You don’t need to spend too much of your budget to make this salad. Well, this is a protein-packed salad that will make you feel satisfied for full day long. You can add red pepper, fresh cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro to make it more interesting and refreshing.
3. Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
This is another tasty salad which can be prepared without using lettuce. It is tasty and easy to prepare and best for your lunch or mid-day meal.
4. White Bean and Tuna Salad
One of the perfect salads to make when you don’t have time to cook those heavy dishes. You need to use only two ingredients, white bean and tuna and herbs of your choices.
5. Smoky Eggplant and Tomato Salad
To prepare this salad you need this to roast eggplant on a gas stove to get that tasty flavour of smoke. You can also add some tomatoes or fresh garlic and cilantro to give it a refreshing taste.
6. Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Cashews
The ingredients used in the salads are a crowd-pleaser. The ingredients used in this tasty salad are tender roasted chicken, juicy grapes and crunchy cashews. For dressing this salad, you can add lemon juice or curry dressing whatever you like.
7. Thai cucumber salad with peanuts
One of the best go-to salads for the summer season. This salad has a refreshing taste because of the cucumber juice flavour. You can add some salt and lime to enhance its taste.
8. Bean salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Bring out your inner food stylist by preparing this power-packed salad by using composed beans with Basil Vinaigrette. You can serve this salad recipe either at a potluck or at a brunch along with smoky grilled chicken, scallops or fish.
9. Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
This is one of the simplest salad recipes to make at home without putting in many efforts. What you need is fresh slices of tomatoes, thinly sliced onions and Cucumber. This is best prepared during summers, especially when you have fresh cucumbers and tomatoes in the market.