You just bought a brand new pair of slippers and it’s really great. These are the slippers you need, they are comfortable and you love to climb with it. That’s really great too. But if I told you that you will shoot them in a few weeks, especially if you climb a lot in the room. There, it would be immediately less great…
Table of Contents
- Now, what would you say if I told you that it is possible to multiply by 2 the lifespan of your slippers?
- But then how? How to properly maintain my climbing shoes?
- Maintain the Sole of the Climbing Slippers to Preserve Adherence
- How to do?
- Reshape Climbing Shoes to Give Second Life
- Double the life of your slippers!
Now, what would you say if I told you that it is possible to multiply by 2 the lifespan of your slippers?
I’m sure you’re dying to know how it’s possible.
But then how? How to properly maintain my climbing shoes?
These questions I asked myself and I found the solution by browsing the web and by catching techniques everywhere. I have tested these techniques and I propose you to learn the best. After reading the following lines, the maintenance of your slippers will have no secret for you.
Maintain the Interior of Climbing Slippers to Avoid Odors
My climbing partner: Why do I have to keep the inside of my slippers?
Me: Because here, I’m 2 fingers to lose my sense of smell…
And yes, by dint of sweating inside, your slippers will start to smell really bad.
Here are some tips to avoid this:
- Take care to have your feet clean before putting them
- After the session, put a bombshell deodorant (anti-mycosis preferably)
- When you arrive at home, do not leave your slippers in your bag: take them out and store them in a dry and well-ventilated place
- Wash them from time to time, in a machine, at 30 ° C, with non-softening detergent
- For drying, it is in the open air (not in the dryer!) And away from the sun
Maintain the Sole of the Climbing Slippers to Preserve Adherence
You must pay particular attention to the sole of your slippers.
The more it is damaged, the less it will be adherent.
How to do?
Here are some tips that will allow you to increase the life of your soles:
- Avoid walking with your booties: remove them when you get off the track
- Before each session, clean your slippers with a towel and alcohol to remove any traces of magnesia and/or dust (a good brushing can also do the trick)
- Put your feet calmly on each socket while watching the movement you do, it will prevent you from ripping your soles every time
These tips will allow you to significantly increase the life of your climbing shoes.
Nevertheless, at the end of a certain period, you may have to perform a resealing.
Reshape Climbing Shoes to Give Second Life
The repair of climbing shoes gives a second life to your slippers As you go out, the rubber on your sole will wear out. It’s inevitable. This year will be even faster than the quality of the sole will below. It costs about $20 or $30 – depending on wear – and consists of replacing the worn outsole entirely with a new sole.
You have several solutions to make it happen:
- Specialty stores
- The big brands like Décathlon
- Specialized websites
- The climbing room in which you are registered (some offer this service)
Reshaping gives a second life to your climbing shoes. However, it is not recommended to repeat this operation more than 2 times. After a while, it’s better to buy a brand new pair.
Double the life of your slippers!
These tips are easy to apply and worth it to follow because you can double the life of your slippers.
So, do not waste your money neglecting your climbing shoes!