MS Exchange Server stores it’s all emails, contacts, notes, journals and other user details in EDB format. Sometimes, users need to create a backup of Exchange EDB files in PST format due to various advantages of it. However, Microsoft Outlook is a desktop based email client, which stores all the data on the local machine.
Hence, people need a solution to convert Exchange mailbox to PST format. In this situation, the Exchange Exporter tool comes as the best solution to migrate mailboxes from Exchange to Outlook. There are many so advantages of this software that are discussed in this post.
First, let’s understand the reasons with the help of users query that force users to opt a reliable third-party software.
“Hi everyone, I needed to convert Data from Exchange server to PST format. So, I tried several manual methods but I was unable to perform the conversion. Even I made an effort to convert Exchange mailbox to PST by using PowerShell commands. Do I have no idea why this situation occurs and how to fix this? If any of my technical friends know the resolving methods, then please help me in finding the appropriate solution.”
Table of Contents
- Description – Exchange Exporter Software
- Quick Glimpse at Features of SysTools Exchange Exporter Tool
- System Specification
- Versions Available with Exchange to PST Converter Tool
- Steps Required to Convert Exchange Mailbox to PST
- Advantages/Disadvantage of Exchange to PST Converter Tool
- Observational Verdict
Description – Exchange Exporter Software
SysTools Exchange Export is the proficient tool that can easily convert data items from Exchange Server to PST file format. By using this software, users can import all mailbox components like emails, contacts, notes, etc. and save in the PST format. It is a quick, safe, and ideal solution that is able to scan, preview, and load the active directory configuration.
Apart from this, it will maintain the folder structure and hierarchy even after the conversion of EDB file to PST format. Moreover, this utility is compatible to work with several versions of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
Quick Glimpse at Features of SysTools Exchange Exporter Tool
1. Move all the Exchange data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes to PST
2. Offers an option to Autodetect, scans & loads the active directory configuration
3. Capacity to maintain the folder structure and metadata even after the conversion
4. It is required to have Live Exchange server environment for EDB to PST migration
5. Various versions of Outlook like 2016, 2013 & below versions are supported
6. It is compatible to work with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and all lower versions
Support: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & all below Windows versions
Processor: 1 GHz processor but it is recommended to use 2.4 GHz
RAM: 512 MB space is required but 1GB is recommended
Hard Disk Space: Approx 100 MB free space needed for installation
Versions Available with Exchange to PST Converter Tool
Demo Version: The free version of SysTools Exchange Export Tool supports only 25 items per folder to export Exchange Server mailboxes to Outlook PST file.
Licensed Version: The licensed version of the tool can transfer an unlimited number of data items from Exchange to Outlook PST format. One can easily purchase this software. The cost of this application is very affordable.
Download Software: Exchange Export Tool
Steps Required to Convert Exchange Mailbox to PST
1. First of all, install and run the Exchange Export tool.
2. Then, you can preview the mailbox items with their permissions.
3. Now, you can apply the filter during migration, if required.
4. Finally, click on the Export option to convert Exchange mailboxes to Outlook PST format.
Advantages/Disadvantage of Exchange to PST Converter Tool
Pros: The utility can be considered as a one-stop solution to move Exchange data to PST.
The program has minimum requirements and specifications for making the software functional.
It can migrate all the data items from Exchange such as calendars, contacts, tasks, journals, and notes.
Cons: The demo version of the software can export only 25 items per folder to Outlook from the Exchange Server.
According to my personal experience, I feel that in comparison to other software in the online market, Exchange Exporter tool more suitable to convert exchange mailbox to pst file format. Because it offers many superior features and better performance.
So, one can easily convert the Exchange mailboxes to PST format with the help of this tool. There is no any chance of data loss while working with this software.