Bug bites often bring uncomfortable feeling for babies and may be harmful to their health. So, which are the best ways to protect your kids and treat bug bites? Follow us to find the best insect treatment.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of Bug Bites on Babies
Due to the childish passions, kids are easy targets for insects. When being bitten by insects, depending on natural disposition, the lesions on the skin of each child will be different. Most bug bites are red, itchy. Sometimes they’re swollen and even will have a blister-like area at the center. – Ant, flies, small mosquitoes bite: make the skin red, slight swelling, and prickly itching sensation. The bite of fire ants can have more swelling that causes pain. – The bite of bees can cause pain and discomfort because bee venom is often poisonous. – The bite of mites can cause fever and red. – The bite of spiders can cause swollen, red, painful, fever and dizziness.
How to cope with bug bites
Wash the wound with sterilized soap, then apply biting insect repellent to reduce redness, pain, and itching. Normally, corticosteroids are used but the children’s sin is immature, mothers should be advised to use anti-inflammatory medications with little or no side effects to the whole body. Prednisolone Valerate Acetate is classified in the group with moderate anti-inflammatory activity. In another case when the bite enlarges with the feeling of itching (commonly the bee bites), you should follow these steps:
- Gently take the venom out, avoiding the venom spreading.
- Wash the skin with antibacterial soap and water. In case it is painful, the skin may be cooled by applying ice.
- Apply anti-itching remedies like Crotamiton & I-menthol and anti-inflammatory like Prednisolone Valerate Acetate.
- After a few days, you should take your kid to the doctor if there’s a funky discharge.
To decrease itching
For baby skin, it’s better if you use the less medicine and chemicals. You should use natural remedies from the ingredients available in your home such as:
- Baking soda: mix baking soda with a certain amount of water to make a thick paste and apply it to the bug bites (dry itself).
- Alcohol and antibacterial soap: directly apply these solutions to the bites as soon as they are found is quite effective.
To decrease swelling
Use ice tubes: wrap an ice cube in a towel and apply it to the bug bite for 10 minutes. It can decrease the itching and redness.
Antiseptic and Decrease Pain in case Bitten by the bee
- You can use the apple cider vinegar to infuse cotton then apply on the bite to neutralize the bee venom.
- Mud is even used in case you’re outside. You just need to apply the mud on the bite, wait for it dry and take the venom out.
- Banana peel: use the banana peel to reduce the risk of infection. There are studies showing that banana peels contain antimicrobial ingredients and have the high level of antioxidants.
An important note is that you have to stop for baby from scratching when getting a bug bite. Scratching can further aggravate itching and cause infections. It’s better if you prevent the bud bites before they occur.
- Get rid of mosquitoes in and around your house by using a spray or other methods.
- When taking your child out for a stroll, keep him well covered and dress up with proper clothes.
- To prevent bugs from entering, keep the windows closed.
- Use the suitable mosquito repellent creams for kids older than 6 months.
Treating bug bites is sometimes difficult and time-consuming. If you have never dealt with this problem before, the best way is to take your child to the doctor as soon as possible.