GATE 2019 Admit card has been released by IIT Madras on January 4, 2019. It’s a document with all the details related to the examination centre, shift time, date and more. This exam will be held on four different days from February 2 to February 10 in two different shifts from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
Students can easily download the GATE 2019 Admit card from the official website by entering the details like enrolment number and password. To know more about the GATE Admit card, read the complete article carefully.
Table of Contents
Steps to Download GATE 2019 Admit card?
Students who have successfully submitted the filled application form will only be able to download the admit card. The process for downloading the admit card is very simple and easy. Students just need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of GATE
- Click on the admit card link of GATE 2019
- The student will be redirected to the GOAPS portal
- Enter the details like GATE enrolment ID and password
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the admit card will appear on the screen. Students can download and take the printout of the card for future use.
Details Mentioned on GATE 2019 Admit Card
The first thing that student must check after downloading the admit card is the detail mentioned on it. Students should make sure that all the details are true and correct. The details mentioned are:
- Examination date
- Exam Time
- Registration number
- Examination centre name
- Exam Venue
- Candidate photograph & signature
- Exam day instructions
- GATE Paper/ Code
Documents Required Other than GATE Admit card
Students need to carry certain documents along with them to prove eligibility. If students fail to bring the valid ID proof they won’t be allowed to enter the hall. The list of valid ID proof required is as follows:
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Driving License
What Not to Carry on the Examination Day
If anyone carrying banned items he/ she will be barred. Students should carry only allowed item to the examination centre. The list of banned items is:
- Mobile phones
- Any electronic item
How to Retrieve GATE 2019 Enrollment ID and Password
If student forgets the enrollment ID and password, then no need to be panic. You can easily retrieve it by following the below mentioned simple steps:
- Open the GATE Online Application processing system i.e. GOAPS
- Click on “Forgot Enrollment ID and Password” button
- Enter the application number
- Click on Get password
- The password will be sent to the registered e-mail and mobile number
Important Instructions for Aspirants
The instructions that students need to follow on the examination day are mentioned below:
- Students are advised to report the examination hall 60 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
- They are not allowed to leave the examination hall before the examination ends.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring any kind of charts/ tables/ papers into the examination hall.
- Once the reporting time is over, no one can enter the exam hall.
- Students will get the scribble pad to do the rough work in the examination centre. They should return it to the invigilator after the exam
- The GATE Admit card will only be valid if the candidate’s photograph and signature are clear and legible.
- Students will only be allowed to appear in the exam after the credential verification is done