Need a piece of advice from an expert on how to write an amazing speech that will have a great impact on your audience? Practically all of us may need to deliver a speech someday. Writing a speech can be a nail-biting experience for many people who may have lived with the idea that they were never good with words for a long time.
If the thought of writing a speech brings you out in cold sweat, read this useful guide from professional paper writers who will gladly help you cope with any type of college assignments. If you struggle with your writing and are looking for a speech writer online, visit the website of the professional writing agency and you will get quality help in no time.
Table of Contents
Types of Speeches and Their Structure
Before you start writing speeches, a good idea is to get to know a little about speech types and construction. There are different types of speeches with special characteristics:
- informative speeches inform your listeners about a specific area of knowledge, event or topic;
- persuasive speeches try to convince your listeners to share your point of view or to act in some way;
- special occasion speeches inform and entertain your listeners;
- entertaining speeches have the purpose to entertain your audience;
- instructional speeches teach your audience how to do something.
Just like any other piece of writing, any speech consists of the introduction, the body, and the conclusion.
An introduction begins with an attention-grabber and includes a statement about your topic. You should end it with a strong transition into the body section of your speech.
There are different ways to organize your body section and the organization will depend on the speech topic. It can be:
- the causal pattern that shows a connection between cause and effect;
- the topical pattern that presents information about a certain subject at a time;
- the spatial pattern provides an overview of a physical arrangement;
- the chronological pattern that presents the events as they happen in time.
In the speech conclusion, you have to restate all the main points you have covered in your speech. You can also tell the last story that illustrates your point.
How to Write and Deliver a Speech in 5 Steps
Step 1: Make an outline of your speech structure and define the key idea of each section.
Step 2: Write down the main ideas of your speech following your outline.
Step 3: Edit and revise everything you have written to make a good first draft of your speech.
Step 4: Practice delivering your speech to see sections that you need to rewrite and discover transitions that you should improve.
Step 5: Make corrections, practice, and revise your speech until you are satisfied with it and feel it is ready to achieve your goal.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind
- Know your audience. Find out what your listeners care about. It is especially important when you write your attention-grabbing statement. Make sure that your listeners share your enthusiasm about the topic of your speech.
- Use presentation aids if necessary. Support your ideas with tables and charts that convey important data, and photographs. If you incorporate visual aids into your speech, it will become more powerful. But if something goes wrong with the technology, be ready to do without it.
- Read speeches of famous people. You should analyze them and look for the things that make these speeches successful. Pay attention to the rhetorical devices they use to emphasize certain points and make them memorable.
How Can You Check a Paper for Plagiarism?
Now you know how to write a good speech to make a powerful impression on your audience and we hope that you will successfully cope with this challenging task. You can also hire a writer to help you. But here is also one more important question. Where can you check a paper for plagiarism before submitting it?
A good idea is to use an online plagiarism checker. All you need to do is to visit a website and copy and paste your text into the special field. When you click “check my paper” button, the engine will perform a search for duplicated content and provide you with a quick result.