IB Global Academy: The student usually gets worried while facing IB Math’s exam. But no need to worry about it, simply go through the below 5 tips to achieve the best results in your test.
Table of Contents
Create a learning environment:
The learning environment should be comfortable, you should have enough place in your room so that you can spread your notes. Set a schedule and follow it. Minimize your habit of distraction. Focus on the topics you do not think you are very confident in.
Note down the important concepts and formulas:
Make the list of all the formulas and write the concepts in your own words so that you can easily recall them. The formulas should be neatly organized and easy to read. Make the summary of all the key concepts and new terms and definition.
Keep on solving as many papers as you can this will help you to remember formulas as well as concepts. There are resources available to help you out in your maths IB exam and IB tutor online like IB maths tutor to help you out in your IB programs and IB tutors online have been a boon for the students.
Practice, Practice & Practice:
Practice does not make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect. One cannot learn Maths by just reading, it needs practice. Try to solve sample papers if you are finding any difficulty in solving problems get help from your IB math’s tutor in Gurgaon.
When knowledge is put into practice, then through your experience of it, it becomes your insight.
These are some useful steps which are beneficial in solving the paper.
- Spend some time reading the entire paper.
- Try to solve the easier problem first. Understand the problem to correctly solve it.
- Draw a picture, if needed, with all appropriate labels, to help you solve the problem.
- Try not to leave any problem unattended provided you have spare time. In some of the descriptive questions in mathematics marks are given on the correct steps also never the less you could not conclude the final answer. So don’t worry you will definitely get the step marks.
- Double-checks all the facts and figures.
- Include relevant explanations/notes with your algebraic work.
- If an exact answer is not too difficult or tedious to obtain then it is best to give the exact answer. Otherwise, give an appropriate answer to an accuracy of three significant figures.
Calm yourself down before the exam:
- The most important thing is to believe in oneself. Meditation for a few minutes just before the exam may help you to concentrate your brain on the subject.
- Keep in mind don’t start freaking out just one night before the exam. Take minimum of 6 hours sleep and have light & healthy breakfast
Online mathematics tutors are available all across the country, for example, IB maths tutor in Gurgaon make available many dedicated teachers online who facilitate online learning in case you find something difficult to understand in your subject.