Nowadays, most of people like to put their work online. They have YouTube channels to showcase their talent or job. People are actually making money out of YouTubing. But we never expected that we would find such an old and simple looking great grandmother on YouTube with her own channel.
We are talking about Mastanamma, who is a very popular YouTuber on YouTube. She has her channel on YouTube where she shares her traditional cooking techniques. Well, a lot is cooking on the internet these days, just like this.
- Mastanamma is a very simple looking typical granny with her cotton saree on and gray hair. She is from Andhra Pradesh but has followers from all over India and abroad.
- But what isn’t simply about her is that she is quite a sensation on YouTube for her cookery channel there. She has a nine-month-old channel called Country Food where she shared her cooking techniques.
- Not only just that, but she also has over 2.5 lakh subscribers on YouTube. Mastanamma is over 100, as she claims, as it comes quite as a surprise that how come she even knows about YouTube.
- Actually, the credit holders are her grandson K Laxman and his friend Srinath Reddy. They came up with the idea of making a channel. They even had a YouTube channel of themselves about how bachelor cook food. But sometime later they thought of having a channel for Mastanamma.
- Reddy says “She cooks so well and has a very different, traditional style of cooking. That’s when we decided to shoot her. The response was great everyone liked her style”.
- Mastanamma indeed cooks very rare dishes and maybe this is one of the reasons why she is the most popular in spite of so many cookery channels there. She cooks not just delicious but rare dishes. Like she cooked “watermelon chicken” that received 66 lakh views.
- Reddy also told that “The first time, she thought we were taking pictures rather than shooting a video. Later, when we uploaded it on YouTube, she was really happy. Even her relatives from the US and UK have called her.”
- Well, this old lady has got not just recognition but love from around the world. Her fans are in the US, UAE, and UK, too.