If you have decided to sell your motorhome, it’s always advisable to opt for a route that’s not just easy but will also fetch you the best price. While auctions, online classifieds, motorhome road shows etc are the traditional ways, of late, more and more people across the US are opting for motorhome brokers to sell their campervans. This blog tells you why motor homeowners are ditching the age-old markets and instead opting to sell their vehicles through a dealer or motorhome broker, who gets the best deal for your prized possession without you having to lose your sleep.
Table of Contents
What do motorhome brokers do?
Motorhome brokers are nothing but a sort of estate agents for your home on wheels. From marketing your motorhome to negotiating with prospective buyers and handling the entire transaction process, motorhome brokers do everything to help you sell your pre-owned vehicle and eventually charge a brokerage post a successful sale.
Benefits of opting for a motorhome broker:
- With years of selling experience and expertise, motorhome brokers help you to fetch the best price for your vehicle
- Select potential buyers for you by weeding out the tire kickers and scammers, bringing only genuinely interested buyers to you
- Offer expert advice and even financing options on sprucing up your vehicle, including repairs or polishing that need to be made to make it look appealing enough to compete in today’s market
- Spare you from the hassles of answering unwarranted phone calls or email queries. Motor home brokers coordinate with interested parties, set up appointments and arrange visits and inspections with prospective buyers on your behalf
- Update price as per ongoing rates and even keeps information on location and sale status up to date
- Place advertisements in niche magazines with nationwide reach as well as promote your vehicle on multiple online portals to reach out to the maximum number of your target audience
- Offer extended warranties on motor parts and after-sale servicing for your vehicle to the buyer that in turn accelerates the process of sale.
- Eliminate the usual worries of selling privately as they’ll never ask you to release the keys of your vehicle to a buyer until the funds have been cleared
- Charge a flat fee and not a commission or percentage of the sale price of your motor home so you wouldn’t have set an obnoxious price at the outset in order to include the broker’s commission
Choose a broker as per your need
Not all brokerage services are the same. Different motor home brokers offer different types of services so go for one that best suits your requirements. For instance, a motor home dealer will usually demand that you leave your motor home on their premises, and ask prospective buyers to visit their office for inspection. Others may offer a home-based service where they will collect the details along with photographs of your vehicle and leave it on the drive away. They will bring interested buyers at your place for a recce. If you are a retired person or usually work out of the home, the latter will suit you better but if you are in office through the day, it’s best to go for the first option so that your buyer visits don’t get limited. It’s evident that selling a motor home requires time, resources and commitment so hiring an experienced motor home broker instead of selling your vehicle on your own is certainly the best way to clinch a fair deal.