MSc and M. tech both are the respectable degree in India. These both the courses are provided by the colleges and universities of all countries. Master of Science and Master of technology degrees are given to the candidates who have completed the study of a specific subject or area of specialized practice.
Difference Between MSc and MTech – Which to Choose?
Choosing the best from the similar courses is a difficult task. So, to help the candidates we have some quick glance. Have a look
|Minimum Qualification||Bachelor’s in Science||Undergraduate|
|Course Duration||3-5 Years||2-year PG programme|
|Most Preferred Exam||IIT JAM Exam||GATE|
|Subject||On the subject you want||On the subject you want|
|Other Benefits||Aspirants can either go for research or teaching after the completion of the master’s course.||Candidates who have completed the M.Tech course can find employment in fields like the Navy, the Army, and the NDA etc.
Is MSc Is better than M.tech – Complete Analysis!
- tech is a course program, where an emphasis is given on the project work. Aspirants can take advanced courses in addition to a project of a one-year period whereas M.Sc is a research program where an emphasis is given on the real work on particular areas rather than course works.
- Both the degree needs 60 credits/scaled value where credits split in the following manner.
- Sc – 20 Coursework and 40 Thesis.
- Tech –40 Coursework and 20 Project.
- Sc gives you knowledge in your chosen areas of knowledge whereas M.tech degree span in different areas.
- The M.tech program is intended to develop the ability of candidates in the planning, classification, and the capacity to deal with the complex technical systems on the same hand M.Sc. will build up a capacity for problem analysis, independent research and a better knowledge in any one discipline of science.
- For MSc. maximum students go for IIT JAM Exam and for M.tech candidates choose GATE.