The 2018 Porsche Macan is arguably one of the best crossovers not just from the house of Porsche but of all the crossovers that you might have seen whirring past you on the roads. Though Macan is a crossover it drives like a sports car. The curvy exterior is mesmerizing. The crossover has exceptional pose on the road. Its spellbound performance has really helped it top several charts. In the S trim level, two engines are available. A base 248 hp turbocharged four-cylinder and a turbocharged V-6 that can deliver 348 horsepower.
The 2018 Porsche Macan is as quick as some Boxsters. Though the interior and cargo space sometimes feels a little cramped at times, the driving, performance, and exterior easily make up for that. Porsche has beautifully crafted this amalgamation of Porsche. Nearly all the cars in this class have to compromise in trading performance and handling utility.
But, this is not the case with Porsche Macan. Other features such as a rear-biased-all-wheel-drive system, a quick-shifting seven-speed transmission, and a suspension that’s calibrated more for a winding mountain road than for off-roading add to its glory.
The 2018 Porsche Macan is available in five trim levels: base, S, GTS, Turbo and Turbo with Performance Package.
1. Base model: Comes standard with features like a turbocharged 2 liter 4 cylinder engine(capable of delivering 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque), front and rear parking sensors, 18-inch wheels, lane departure warning system, and other features.
2. S trim level: Has a turbocharged 3-liter V6 engine(capable of delivering 340 hp and 339 lb-ft of torque), dual twin-pipe ve ss xforce exhaust. The brakes are more powerful.
3. GTS trim level: Holds a more powerful version of the S trim level, sport-tuned adaptive air suspension, adaptive headlights, and 20-inch wheels
4. Turbo trim level: Has a V6 engine(capable of delivering 400 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque), adaptive suspension dampers, heating steering wheel, upgraded front sports seats, and full leather upholstery.
5. Macan Turbo with Performance package: Powerful engine capable of delivering 440 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque, an adaptive air suspension.
Driving and Performance
The Macan has impressive off-road and towing capabilities. The powerful engine along with quick-shifting transmission and good isolation provides excellent acceleration. It is capable of achieving 60 mph in a mere 4.4 seconds. As compared to other vehicles in the class steering response and precision are better here. The straight-line highway stability and road isolation are also pretty good. The 2018 Porsche Macan yields excellent results, both on-road and off-road.
The Macan comes with premium seats and self-adjusting multimode suspension. This car has excellent seat comfort. The front leather seats are 18-way adaptive, heated, and also optionally ventilated. The steering wheel and the seat are at a perfect distance. The adaptive suspension dampers promise a smooth ride. Even during maximum acceleration, the car feels quiet.
The 7-inch touchscreen navigation is highly intuitive. The luggage room is not that great. But, still, the stylish and handsome interior and excellent material quality truly make the Macan a luxury car.
As expected, being a Porsche, the Macan has well-crafted exteriors. The new version of Macan has refreshed styling. The highlighting features are updated front and rear bumpers, new taillamps, and new wheel designs.
The 2018 Porsche Macan is still to be crash-tested by NHTSA and IIHS but the car is fully equipped with standard active safety features like the front. Rear parking sensors, rearview camera, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, dynamic headlights, lane keep assist, and lane change assist.
In the class of subcompact SUV, the 2018 Porsche Macan holds a bright spot. The curvaceous body, high-quality interior, and excellent performance make it a tough competitor. It drives brilliantly and without any doubt a good compact crossover.
You may also like: 5 Best BMX Bikes You Should Have in Your Garage