Looking for a house in London but only for you? A studio apartment is the best option for you and it is increasing demand for a studio apartment for day by day in London. People who are bachelors, recently got married or just moved to the city for a new job or just started colleges go in for Studio apartments.
Studio apartments are basically one-room apartments with no room division walls apart from the washroom. It is an economical purchase and easily picked up by people.
Pros for Studio property for sale in London:
- Economical – It is economical to buy, as space is less hence charges is also less. If you want to buy a home for yourself this is the most affordable way of purchasing your own first home. It is a low-cost investment plan.
2. Maintenance charges are low – if you have a small place the electricity and other maintenance charges will be less as compared to proper big houses. You can save on furniture costs as well; you don’t have to think about decorating all the room as you have one room to decorate. You will take less time in the cleaning of the apartment.
3. High rental income – if you have invested in a studio apartment and want to give studio flat for sale in London, you can be assured of occupancy throughout the year. Invest in a studio apartment near the college area or a good residential area near big companies.
4. High storage space – studio apartments have less horizontal space and more of vertical space, so you can think of having storage space on walls and full utilization of vertical space can be done.
5. No decoration will go unnoticed – since you only have to decorate one room, you can be sure that nothing will go unnoticed. Everything will be visible all at once. You can have different themed corners or even more of wall mounted decoration items.
6. Airy apartments – you will get to have well get ventilated and airy studio apartment as they will be spacious and more windows.
7. Easy selling – since there are lots of buyers for apartments, studio flats for sale in London is readily available and there is no hassle of looking for a broker. Demand for this investment is really huge and growing.
Cons for Studio property sale in London:
- Space crunch – since there is limited space available of not more than 500 square feet, in the long run, you feel limited and want more space for everything. After marriage, if you move into a studio apartment it would be difficult if you both need alone time individually.
You have to smartly choose which furniture to keep in the room and have maximum storage. If you have visitors or guests staying with you they can’t, as there is no space for them to stay.
2. Expensive – it is expensive to buy a studio apartment than to live in a rented apartment. You would be giving out more money for a small living space. It will not be economical at that time. You can get a larger apartment with the same amount and furnish it your way.
3. Only good for investment point of view – if you want to invest in a good real estate scheme with less money involved and higher returns, then studio property is the best option for you. It can be a good long-term investment. Studio flat sale in London will get you good money for your small investment made.
4. Occupancy is dependent on location – Usually, single people take up studio apartments. If the location of the flat will be far off from their workplace or college, they would move out and take somewhere near to avoid delay due to travel time. Location is the major factor in deciding the investment to make for a studio apartment.
If your studio flat for sale in London is in the college area or near big companies, it will be picked up easily. Otherwise, it would be difficult to find appropriate tenants. By chance, if the tenant moves out due to loss of job then again to find a new tenant will be a tedious task.
5. Not much decoration can be done – since studio flats are small in size you do not have space left for decorating corners with knick-knack items and have to choose from limited items available. You cannot put a big piece of furniture, as it will obstruct your way. You have to choose storage over the chic design of furniture.
While studio apartments are a good option for long-term investment purposes, their selling can sometimes be very difficult to find a person paying the right amount for your studio flat. Opt for studio apartment after weighing your needs and goals for investing.
One important suggestion, before investing in a studio apartment it is best to weigh all the pros and cons of your property and then finalize. It is better to think twice before rather than repenting later on.