Are you planning your little darling’s birthday? Well, don’t forget to add cookies and deserts to the list! There is no other dessert that comes in more flavor, texture, sizes, and shapes than cookies. It’s a complete delight! Well, there’s no denial to the fact that organizing a birthday all by yourself can prove out to be a daunting task. But we are here to help! Cookies are available everywhere! Grocery stores, coffee shops, sand-witch shops, cookie bakeries, gourmet specialty shops and malls, all of them offer easy access to the most loved treat. You can even order cookies and get them delivered right at your doorsteps.
But preparing cookies for your child’s birthday can be really fun. It will definitely make your darling feel special. So, you should definitely give it a try. Well, you don’t need to worry about the whole cookie-making project as we are here to help!
Table of Contents
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Being super delicious and easy to make, you can consider shortbread cookies for your child’s birthday.
The whole procedure is quite simple. So, just keep on reading and get started with the making.
- Get started with beating 1 cup of softened unsalted butter with 3/4 cups of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add flour and mix it thoroughly. At first, the mixture may seem granular or sandy. In this case, you need to blend the mixture completely to get smooth cream cookie dough.
- Place the dough in a round shaped platter with 1/2 inch thickness.
- Now you can chill the dough for about 45-60 minutes.
- After the dough is chilled, you can cut it into desired shapes and sizes.
- Before you prepare your cookies for baking, ensure to pre-heat the oven to 325F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- You can also use a knife, round bowls and forks to make designs and dents on your cookies.
- Now the cookies are ready to be arranged onto the baking sheet. Consider leaving at least 1-inch space between the cookies and bake at 325F until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- It will take around 18-20 minutes for cookies to turn golden brown.
Also, keep in mind that these shortbread cookies are baked at low temperature to avoid browning. The cookies may seem crumbly right after the baking procedure, but after cooling, it will turn firm. So, that was all about the easy preparation of classic shortbread cookies. It’s a dessert that most of the people remember from their childhood.
I don’t think anyone can resist the smell of freshly baked cookies. Well, that’s all that matters. With different flavored cookies decorated around the table, your kid’s birthday is going to be a memorable one. You can even add fun to your child’s birthday by giving those cookies different funny faces.
So, if you want to celebrate your child’s birthday in style, you should definitely consider baking cookies for your guests. Well, then what are you waiting for? Just take a step ahead, put on your apron, take out all the ingredients and get started with the making. With a table full of cake, cookies, soft drinks, snacks, and all other eating stuff, your child’s birthday party is definitely going to be a memorable one.