NTFS or New Technology File System is a popular file system which is developed by Microsoft. This file system is widely used in hard drives, computers, external hard drives, etc. Sometimes and especially when you are not careful, you may end up losing your files by mistake. This may happen due to various reasons including virus attack, deletion, improper operation, formatting or for any other reasons.
People who do not have enough knowledge about computers or technology may find it really hard or nearly impossible to recover the lost data from the NTFS hard drive. But there is nothing to worry about as the data can be easily recovered using a damaged partition recovery software. However, you need to know the right way to do it.
If you are not sure of what to do and how to recover your lost data from NTFS partitions, you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss the steps you need to perform to get back your data using a recover raw partition software.
NTFS: Important Things To Know
Before we move on to the steps to recover your lost data from the NTFA hard drive, let us learn a few things about NTFS.
- NTFS which is a widely used file system was developed by Microsoft in the year 1993.
- The introduction of NTFS replaced high-performance file system and FAT. That’s because NTFE had more many benefits that the other types of files systems. In other words, NTFS was technologically more improved and included support for advanced data structure and metadata.
- NTFS is a file system that was not only more reliable but it was also better in performance. Along with that, it could also utilize the disk space better.
- It was packed with several features including support for sparse file, disk usage quotas, reparse points, encrypting file system and distributed link tracking.
- The file system also includes additional extensions like security access control list and file system journaling.
- NTFS hard drive is known to provide specific advantages for specific situations. This is one of the more reasons why the file system became so popular among the users.
How To Recover Lost Data From NTFS Hard Drive?
To recover damaged NTFS partition, you need a powerful hard drive data recovery tool. This type of software proves to be handy in times of emergency file loss. In this case, we would suggest you use Recoverit Data Recovery tool. This is one of the best data recovery software you can use to fix your problems. With the use of this software, you can literally recover any type of lost data from your NTFS hard drive.
If you are bothered about the reliability of the software, don’t be. This is a 100% safe software to use. The best thing is that the software is available for free. This means you can fix your problem without having to pay a single penny.
For the ones who haven’t used the software before, may find it difficult to figure out the steps on their own. To help you guys out, we have laid down the steps you need to follow. Here you go with the steps.
- Steps Guide:
- The first thing to do is download and install the Recoverit Data Recovery software on your PC and then launch it.
- In order to recover lost data from your NTFS partition, you need to select the lost partition and then click the “Start” button.
- The software will run a quick scan right away.
3. Once the scanning is over, you will get to see a list of all your lost files on that partition. Before recovering them, you can once preview the files in order to be sure of their condition. Now all you have to do is click on the ‘Recover’ option, once you tick the files that you want. This will complete your data recovery from the NTFA hard drive.
From the above discussion, the steps to recover your lost data from NTFS hard drive should be clear. If you face any situation, instead of worrying, make use of Recoverit Data Recovery software and solve your problem hassle free.