Did you ever imagine a tower that is not growing from the earth to the sky, rather descending from the sky and hanging down? No, we aren’t referring to the wizard’s world, such a thing is going to come into existence soon. New York is going to unveil an amazing, atypical and literally space-age skyscraper that will be hanging down from an orbiting asteroid.
Not only that the ultramodern building is going to be “world’s tallest building ever.”
- Analemma Tower is going to be one of its kind buildings in the world, which will be suspended from an orbiting asteroid which is about 50,000 km above the earth. The building will be hanging down rather than rising from the ground to up.
- The ahead of its time innovative tower is designed by Clouds Architecture Office. The firm also proposed an idea about Mars’s house and a cloud city.
- They say the only way to leave the tower would be via parachute. Also, the orbiting path will be swinging the entire tower in figure 8, from the northern hemispheres to the southern hemisphere, only in 24 hours.
- In the tower, the lower end will be to conduct business where sleeping quarters will be at the two-thirds of the way up the building.
- Water will be gathered through the condensation of the clouds or rainwater in purified form. And solar panels at the upper levels will generate power from the sun.
- The idea is no cause no harm to the environment the firm says “Through the course of history humanity has been able to affect the environment on increasing scales. Today our activity is being registered on a global scale. So why not apply design thinking on a planetary scale?”
- They say it will be designed using a system called Universal Orbital Support System, which attaches a high strength cable to an asteroid that will hold the tower.
- “Since this new tower typology is suspended in the air, it can be constructed anywhere in the world and transported to its final location.” Shared the firm.