There are a few specific features that must be included in a website. Website designing has seen a lot of changes over the years and are consistently evolving. It is necessary that you keep up with such changes to build a website that will be viewed, loved and revisited by all, in that order.
For this, you will need to include the best features of your website design. If you are unaware of the useful features then this article will provide you with the desired help. However, make sure you choose the features according to your business profile and its requirements.
The best way to ensure that you have the required features included in your website is to hire a professional and reputed web design service company. Research about these services to know about their quality and repertoire, working process and clients they have worked for before signing the service contract. This will ensure the best service.
Table of Contents
Creative planning is the key
There may be some Web Design Services Vancouver that may limit the features according to your business requirements but all the time care must be taken that the entire process is highly organized and streamlined. Creative planning is the key for a detailed design and inclusion of features that will help you to reach your goals. The elements of such planning include:
- The site structure and its wireframe
- Tagline generation and branding board
- Illustrations and photography that matches the taglines
- Presentation links and revisions as and when needed to finalize.
The design features as such must include unique pages for a truly custom site. There are a number of different pages that include:
- The homepage
- Sub-page or interior page
- The landing page has a unique look
- Contact and blog page
- Mobile and wildcard page.
The design and content
When it comes to the actual design of the webpage the designer will consider typography, imagery, links, and navigation, rollovers, drop down navigation, taglines, and calls to action, charts and graphs, slides for the homepage and much more.
This is not an easy job and requires a lot of research and time. It requires designing an appealing logo, searching and editing photos, organizing the layered files, the inclusion of illustrations as and when required and lots of revisions before anything is finalized.
All the time the service provider must be in constant touch to find out whether or not you are happy with the final Website Design Vancouver and approve it.
Content and build
As far as the content of the website, it must be in accordance with the site structure and therefore there must be a lot of content planning done.
- Proper analysis of the content is required, organizing and auditing it so that it matches well with the site structure.
- Placement of the content is another important factor to consider so that it does not look odd or any important information is missed out or placed in a page where it is a complete misfit and useless. While building the website everything must be done according to the content system and a number of pages this system can handle. To ensure a better build up different aspects are considered and carefully followed such as:
- Testing the domain setup and W3C validation done.
- Using different theme such as header and footer, sidebar and scripts for easy updates.
- Hand coded CSS, JS, HTML5 and PHP.
- CMS of Total Control.
- Video Inclusion for hosting on YouTube and others.
- Social media, calls to action and v-cards.
- Print stylesheet
- Drop Down Menus
- Contact form with all required fields and spam check
- FAV Icon and 404 error page
- Redirects from the previous website
- Testing different browsers such as Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and others and
- Installation of PPC, analytics, and tools tracking codes.
State of the art features
Professional and best Web Development Vancouver will also include a few states of the art features such as parallax animations, carousel rotations, collapsible areas, and menus, pop-up maps and office animations, CMS, standard JS, calendars, CSS libraries, and RSS feeds.
As social media is the in-thing now the designer will also focus on inclusion of social media widget and integration. Apart from that short, long and validation contact forms may also be included.
Most importantly, as people use mobile devices more nowadays, the designer will focus on a responsive web designing with careful attention to mobile theme, colour codes, and auto-detect script features.
Content management and control
Your website must also have proper control modules for managing and finding the contents, news, articles and blogs, categories and offices. The system should include features such as:
- Active and inactive option
- Menu on or off option
- Title, Meta keyword description for search engine optimization
- Additional data inclusion fields and
- Search engine friendly URLs.
In fact, the designer must keep enough scope to add new sections and pages any time in your site to make it infinitely scalable so that it can meet successfully with your ever growing needs.
Search engine optimization is the ulterior motive for any website and therefore it must be foolproof, manageable and scalable. You must be able to upload PDF, GIF, and JPG, Word or any other files through an online tool and create as many numbers of links as possible to other sites. Ideally, with better analytics and features included you will have the best website designed.