Do you know Lung cancer is the most common cancer in the world today? Lung cancer makes up for a quarter of the total number of cancers today, chances are you might not know any of this and don’t see the point as well. But the progressiveness of this disease is the sheer example of how our own habits are killing us off from the inside. So, it’s very important to know about lung cancer.
Table of Contents
We are here to enlighten you about some lesser-known facts for lung cancer
You might not know that but there are 3 different types of lung cancers – Small cell Lung cancers, Non-small cell lung cancer, and lung carcinoid tumors. Where the non-small cell lung cancer comprises 80 to 85 % of the total lung cancers the remaining 2 fills up for the rest 15 percent.
Smoking or exposure to second-hand smoke can dramatically raise the risk of lung cancer development. People who are avid smokers should know that they are slowly killing their health with every puff. One should slowly put a leash on this habit and others who are looking start should stop right there, there is fun in losing your life.
Regular exercise is the key to reduce the risk of any disease including lung cancer. If you don’t exercise, your body will slowly fall into obesity which will generate a separate rift of problems, other than boosting your cancer formation.
Sings of cancer you might be ignoring
Coughing blood is the most common sign of the disease. It doesn’t matter if you have cancer or not but coughing blood is a serious thing, visit your doctor right on. Also, a normal cough would last for 18 days, anything more than that needs special assistance.
It kills twice as many women than men
While women are more alert about breast cancer, lung cancer is a bigger issue to deal with first. Till now lung cancer has killed twice as many females as men. So, its clear lung cancer is the more potent disease.
Targeted therapies are making their way
For a long time, surgery was the only treatment option available, but now precision medicines are making its way. These are targeted therapies that are currently under clinical trials. Up till now 9 such medications have been passed and are currently working wonders as legitimate Lung Cancer Treatments. Thanks to them, patients are now enduring remissions.
Support groups are of great help. Their idea might not sound that appealing at first but when you actually sit amongst like-minded people, you know their pain and they know yours. Befriend them, listen to their stories, tell your story as well and you will feel the boulder of emotions easing from your back.
Daily visiting support groups are helpful as you get someone to express yourself, tell things your family and friends don’t understand.
Lung Cancer Treatment In India is one of the most elite and inexpensive treatments in the world. Treatment here is 2 to 3 times lower than what the western countries charge, hence making India the ideal hub for lung cancer treatment.