Control cables are mostly used in electrical appliances both for industrial and domestic use. From signal transmission to machine tools to air conditioners, control cables are considered best for any kind of permanent connection.
Some of the unique features which Wires and Cables Manufacturers should possess are
- Halogen-free- This means even if the cable catches fire there will be no emission of toxic gases or chemicals. This is a very important aspect as sometimes just not the fire but inhaling of poisonous gases led to life risks.
- Certified- The best control cables are certified by British, European and international standards. Using standard control cables India mean you are experiencing an international quality of devices. BS EN/IEC 60332, BS EN/IEC 60811, BS EN/IEC 60754, IEC 60754-2 and VDE 0295 are some of the standards which are used to measure the quality of control cables India.
Control cables India come in following shapes and sizes –
- CY cables- These cables, also known as screened flexible cables are layered with PVC. These are used to create interconnection in controlling units, conveyors and computers. This kind of cables is neutral to external electromagnetic and mechanical stress. For this reason, CY cables are suitable both for outdoor and indoor application, under direct sunlight and also under grease and humid environmental conditions. The multicore CY cables can transmit 300 to 500 volts of current. These cables are not advised for fixed wiring applications.
- SY cables-These cables are best used when there is a medium amount of mechanical stress. SY cables are more flexible and hence used in the installation of equipment which requires free movement. These cables are known for tensile strength. These cables are also suitable for operations under dry and humid working environments. SY cables are also multi-core and can transmit current of 300 to 500 volts. These cables are also not considered apt for fixed wiring.
- YY cables-These cables are available with both multi-core and single core configurations. These are generally found in automated systems used for controlling, measuring and regulating devices. The additional layer of YY cables helps these withstand light mechanical and other environmental stresses. These cables also come with a voltage rating of 300 to 500 volts. Like the above two types of cables, YY cables are also not suitable for fixed wiring applications.
- LiYCY cables-These cables are specifically made for indoor operations, like for signal and data transmission purpose. The LiYCY cables come with better electromagnetic compatibility and may or may not have a screen. The voltage rating of these cables is bit lesser than others, 350 volts to the maximum. The LiYCY cables can be used both for fixed and flexible installation purposes.
- LiYY cables-These cables are completely unscreened and solely used for indoor data transmission and the signal controlling purpose at houses, offices, and laboratories. The LiYY cables are most suitable for appliances of less diameter. Using this kind of control cables India means there are very fewer chances of crosstalks from neighboring pairs.
While the above-mentioned control cables India are the standard, there are some customized control cables like
- Variable frequency drive cables- This kind of control cables India are used to joining automobiles to the control drives or under any circumstances where there is a need for electromagnetic compatibility. VFD control cables are largely used in motors, marines, mining, oil and gas industries.
- Mining equipment cables- Control cables India can be used for making mining tools. These cables are specifically made to adapt to the harsh environmental conditions within tunnels and underground. These cables come with outstanding anti-corrosive properties and emit the eligible amount of smoke and fumes.
So control cables India are available in wide range, to cater to both standard and specialist applications; choose one today to assure your employees of a safe working environment while getting the best service.