To improve the efficiency of your air conditioning system as well as to save on your energy bills you do not always have to spend a fair bit of money by calling a professional Fujitsu air conditioning service. There are several no-cost ways for it but for that, you will need to know the different parts of the system.
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit and its surrounding areas to increase its level of performance. There are a lot of dust and debris on it and if you clean it regularly, it will not reduce its performance.
- Vacuuming the indoor vents is another way to increase efficiency. This will keep the vents free from blockages resulting in a steady airflow from the system reducing workload and energy consumption.
- Increase the thermostat by a few degrees in summer and down it in winter to save money and energy.
- All heat producing appliances and lamps must be kept away from your thermostat so that it can detect the temperature precisely. This will prevent the system from running longer and harder than required and need for frequent Fujitsu air conditioning service.
- Keep all curtains and blinds closed during the day to prevent sunlight entering and warming the interior of your home.
Also, clean the drain line and insulate all exposed ductwork to prevent temperature leak and loss.
Prep your Air Conditioner
To make sure that your air conditioner runs perfectly during the summer you must prepare it precisely. Change the air filters as the rule of thumb. This will ensure strong and steady airflow. For central units, check it after 30 to 60 days. If you have fewer visitors and no pets, then change it after two to three months and every month otherwise.
For wall mounted, windows, or portable units, follow the manufacturer’s instructions or call Fujitsu air conditioning service. You need to make sure that air conditioner is turned off before you start any repair work.
Clean the coils that move hot and cold air so that it is not clogged with dust and dirt. For central air conditioning system, it is easy to clean it in the outdoor condenser unit but for the window and portable units, you will need to open up the system to reach to the coils.
All vents must have a 12-inch clearance at least around it. Clear all roadblocks and also check for all common issues so that you can call a professional Fujitsu air conditioning service on time.
Ways to Save Electricity
When your air conditioner is on it will consume electricity and in summer this consumption can be very high resulting in high energy bills. However, you cannot switch off the AC thinking to reduce the bill in the scorching summer months. However, there are ways in which you can lower the bills without turning the AC off.
- Make sure that there are no direct sources of sunlight in the room. It may look great in a photo but will surely increase your energy bills as the Ac will have to work overtime to cool the room. Use blinds, curtains or even indoor plants to block the light.
- Keep a backup such as a hand fan and use it for a few minutes. Use A4 paper leafs or old magazines when AC does not cool enough due to poor air circulation. Get the wind going and up the performance of your AC by a couple of degrees.
- Clean all vents once a month to prevent any clogging to reduce energy usage and better cooling. It will also save the filters from being damaged and replaced.
Professional for Fujitsu air conditioning service may charge you as high as $300 for such a service especially if you have a central air conditioning unit. You should only get professional Fujitsu air conditioning service to regularly check refrigerant gas levels and who can test the thermostat so that your unit can be last for years.
There is an authorized service center which is reliable and provides some extended warranty also.