The process of making holes in the concrete, which is an important part of the various projects of construction, is known as concrete sawing. With the innovation of new tools and technology, there have been recent techniques, which are being used by the drilling experts for the purpose of concrete sawing.
One of the most challenging tasks for these drilling experts is to cut the concrete with accuracy and remove it safely from the site of the construction. There has been an increasing demand for the sawing of concrete over the world.
The various sawing methods:
- Dry sawing: This method is only suited for outdoor projects. In this method, there is the production of enormous dust and the contractors use it for large-scale projects. The diamond blade is used which prevents overheating when there is no water.
- Wet sawing: In this method, there is a lesser production of the harmful dust. This technique is considered an environmentally friendly technique for the cutting of the concrete. The blades will remain cool due to the presence of the water.
The types of sewing techniques with their added benefits:
- Wire sawing: These are designed for creating accurate cuts in steel. Wire saws can be useful if you want to make different types of shapes in various sizes. The wire sawing is an anti-vibration technique, which helps in the creation of cuts.
- Ring sawing: These are being used by the contractors for the execution of the small and medium-sized projects of the concrete sawing. This is one of the techniques preferred by the contractors for making of the holes and openings in the spaces.
- Wall sawing: This is being used in order to make cuts on the vertical structures that are being developed on the concrete, which is heavily reinforced such as the walls.
A few tips on the blades used in the concrete sawing:
In case, the blade stops working, a reason being that the material that you are trying to cut is soft. Make sure, you never force a blade into the cut, let the saw weight do the cutting of your material. The wet blade must always be used along with water.
However, a dry blade can be used either with or without the use of water. When you are handling the dry sawing concrete, you must take the most protection and make sure, your eyes and ears are fully protected. In order to avoid the overheating of the blade, let it run off for some time on its own.
What are the things that you need to consider before you hire a contractor for concrete sawing?
Before you take a step and decide which contractor you would actually hire in order to get your work done, make sure you consider a few of them those that are having a good reputation and are recommended by some of your friends and family.
Hiring a contractor for the sawing of concrete is not a difficult task at all, but all you have to do is, you will have to keep few important things in mind before you hire one.
Make sure you ask them for their license and if they are insured or not. Well, this might seem like a small issue, but it is a great deal. You would not want someone doing your work and it is turning out to be unsafe.
Also, make sure, you compare the prices that the different contractors are offering. Also, make sure, you inquire as to what is the reason for having different pricing and find out which one is the best for you according to your needs and requirements.
Thus, check these things carefully and hire the one, which is suitable for you, as per your needs.
Read More : small and medium sized projects of the concrete sawing