One of the most talked-about movies these days, Thappad which is the story of Amrita (Tapsee Pannu) who files for a divorce when her husband slaps her. It is the story of the society normalizing domestic violence and how the society considers ‘just a slap’ no reason to call off marriage or relationship. The movie has been directed by Anubhav Sinha. This is one of the powerful movies based on the patriarchal society and a woman’s right to respect and dignity in the society.
The movie will blow your mind with its hard-hitting dialogues. Check it below.
1. “Just a Slap par maar nahi sakta.”
These dialogues from the movie sum up the whole movie as this dialogue gives the right message to the audience.
2. “Company me Itne invested the, you could not move on. Maine Toh Apni puri life invest Kari hai Tumhari Saath, Kaise Kar Lun move on?”
3. “ Uss ek thappad se mujhe woh sari unfair cheeze saaf saaf dikhne lagg gayi jisko main undekha karke move on karte ja rahi thi.”
This is a dialogue with which every witness of domestic violence would easily relate to.
4. “It’s not about them. It’s about me.”
5. “Thoda Bardasht Karna Sikhna Chahiye Auraton ko.”
This dialogue sums the attitude of a large portion of the society when it comes to domestic violence.
6. “Jod ke rakhni padi koi cheez toh matlab tooti huyi hai na?”
7. “Zyaada Jaroori sawaal yeh hai ki aisa hua kyun!”
8. “Kai baar sahi karne ka result happy nahi hota.”
9. Thodi bahut maar peet expression of love hi hai na Sir!
10. “Usne mujhe maara; pehli baar. Nahi Maar Sakta. Bas Itni si baat hai aur meri petition bhi itni si hai.
Which dialogue is your favourite among them?
Here’s the trailer of the movie: