Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a well-known lawyer who became the second female U.S. Supreme Court justice. She took the office in 1993 and in her long years of service she inspired and motivated many people. She was one of the most powerful advocates of women’s rights and gender equality. Moreover, she earned the respect of all her colleagues through her iron-like determination and hard work. Her death on Friday, September 18, 2020, at the age of eighty-six, saddened all her well-wishers.
In her lifetime many people asked her to retire but she decided not to. She suffered from ailments such as colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, fractures, injuries and more but it did not weaken her will to work. That is why many people consider her a great example. Get to know all the quotes of Ruth Bader Ginsburg here. You will get the determination to follow her if you read her quotes.
You can plan your life and achieve what you aim for through the quotes.
1. A constitution, as important as it is, will mean nothing unless the people are yearning for liberty and freedom.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
2. Each part of my life provided respite from the other and gave me a sense of proportion that classmates trained only on law studies lacked.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
3. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
4. “I tell law students, if you’re going to be a lawyer & just practice your profession, you have a skill—very much like a plumber. But if you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself, something that makes life…better for people less fortunate…”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
5. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
6. “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
7. I just try to do the good job that I have to the best of my ability and I really don’t think about whether I’m inspirational. I just do the best I can.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
8. Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
9. I became a lawyer for selfish reasons. I thought I could do a lawyer’s job better than any other.Ruth Bader Ginsburg
10. “If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
11. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
12. “Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
13. “Feminism [is the] notion that we should each be free to develop our own talents and not be held back by manmade barriers.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
14. “I remember envying the boys long before I even knew the word feminism, because I liked shop better than cooking or sewing.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
15. “Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
16. “When a thoughtless or unkind word is spoken, best tune out.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
17. “A gender line … helps to keep women not on a pedestal, but in a cage.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
18. “I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
19. “Every now and then it helps to be a little deaf…That advice has stood me in good stead. Not simply in dealing with my marriage, but in dealing with my colleagues.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg
20. “You can’t have it all, all at once.”Ruth Bader Ginsburg