Most people are either sports fanatics, or else entirely put-off by even the slightest mention of the latest league game coming up at the weekend. However, there is a growing section of people, both across this country and internationally, who are starting to discover sports through placing either online or betting shop bets and are slowly coming to realize the excitement, unity and downright thrill of live sports.
With that being said, continue reading to discover 3 of the top sports that you can bet on in the United States.
1. Motor Sports
Generally, when placing a wager on a motor sports race (one of the most popular sports for sports gamblers in the US), you usually simply bet on the car, or driver, you think is going to win.
You will see between twenty and thirty drivers listed on the betting slip, or else on the chart if you are gambling online, and it is easy to choose which driver you would like to place a bet on. Additionally, there are also proposition wagers, which place two drivers head-to-head, and you are able to bet on who will have the best finishing time of the two.
Perhaps the most popular sports on which to place a bet is soccer and this is where the excitement and exhilaration of sports betting truly comes to proverbial life.
It would be advisable to consult with a reputable and established company who supply sports betting tips, as to best ascertain the odds of your favored team, or indeed player, winning the game or trophy. When starting to place one or more bets on soccer teams or games, it is important to remember that betting on soccer can become addictive and to set deposit limits or even activate a timeout if you feel as if you are spending too much time on the site.
3. Table Tennis
Believe it or not, especially in this country, betting on table tennis games and the national league is growing exponentially in popularity and far from a sport confined to the common rooms of high schools across the country, table tennis betting is now a serious and sometimes profitable endeavor.
If considering placing a bet on your first table tennis game, then it is advisable to remember the following points:
- Ranking is not the proverbial ‘be all and end all’ and it is just as important to check the progress of each individual player throughout the current season and the previous one.
- It is always better to hold multiple accounts with different bookmakers and/or online sports betting sites to form a more well-rounded review of each player.
- The lower the tournament is ranked, or the less prestigious the competition is, the more surprises, twists and turns are likely to occur throughout the game.
- The way in which a player serves the ball is a fantastic indicator of skill and prowess.
- Always take a look at different prices in different bookmakers to ascertain the best returns.
Also read: 3 Career Options for Gamers