The Outer Banks is an amazing place to visit, and one of the first things you’ll need to do is find somewhere to stay. You can get lucky with a hotel, but often they are expensive and lack essential amenities like free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast.
This article will discuss seven tips for booking the right accommodations on Outer Banks. We’ll cover everything from budgeting, choosing an area to stay on the beach, and finding a pet-friendly place. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you’ll know exactly how to book the best Outer Banks accommodations for your trip!
Accommodations can range from very cheap to very expensive, so you must know how much you’re willing to spend before you start looking. There are a few ways to save money on accommodations, such as staying in the off-season or choosing a less popular area of the Outer Banks.
Other things to consider when budgeting include:
- The number of people who will be staying in the accommodations
- The length of your stay
- What type of amenities do you need/want?
Consider Your Location
The location of a rental property can make a big difference in your experience. If you’re looking for peace and quiet, staying in an area away from the hustle and bustle may be best. On the other hand, plenty of options are available if you want to be near restaurants, nightlife, and attractions.
Also, keep these other things in mind:
- Are there any nearby grocery stores?
- Is it easy to get around on public transportation?
- What are the local attractions like?
- How far is it from major highways or interstates (if you plan to drive a lot)?
Determine the Type of Accommodation You Want
The accommodation you choose can also greatly impact your Outer Banks experience. Do you want a hotel room, condo, beach house, or anything else?
Some things to think about when choosing the type of accommodations include:
- Do you need/want a kitchen?
- Do you want a private pool?
- Do you want to be on the beach with you family and friends? If yes, you might want to look for a muli-bedroom beach house rental.
Check the Amenities
When you’ve narrowed your choices, start looking at each property’s amenities.
Some things you may want to consider are:
- Do they have Wi-Fi?
- Is breakfast included?
- What type of TV and entertainment options do they have?
- What fitness center or gym do they have on-site (if any)?
- Do they offer any arcade games or other activities for children?
- Do they allow pets?
- What is their cancellation policy?
- Is there a minimum stay required?
- Are there any discounts available (AAA, military, etc.)?
Read Online Reviews
Not all reviews will be accurate, but you can get a general idea of what past guests thought about their experience. Also, don’t forget to check the rating for the rental property on popular travel websites like TripAdvisor.
Tour the Property in Person (If Possible)
Always tour the property in person before booking if you have the opportunity. This will give you a better idea of what to expect and if it’s truly the right fit for your needs.
When you’re ready to book, don’t be afraid to ask the rental company or owner any questions that you may have. This is your vacation, after all, and you want to ensure everything is just right.
Some things you may want to ask about include:
- Do they offer any discounts for longer stays?
- What is their policy on the check-in and check-out times?
- Is there a security deposit required?
- What is included in the rental price (linens, towels, etc.)?
By following these tips, you’re sure to find the perfect accommodations for your Outer Banks vacation. Just remember to take your time, do your research, and ask plenty of questions. With a little effort, you can find the perfect place to stay that will make your trip even more enjoyable.
Also read: Best Outdoor Gazebos to Enjoy All Weathers