While you’re gaming, Discord is really useful to have open. That is not a problem for PC players, but it is more difficult for console players. People use Discord often on their smartphones or tablets to communicate with friends, look for a team, or inquire about specific gaming servers. But with time, that can become both annoying and distracting.
Thankfully, Xbox and Discord are continuing to improve interoperability, and features are starting to flow more naturally between them.
Here is how it functions, what functionalities are shared, and when a second device may still be necessary.
Table of Contents
Can the Discord software be used on the Xbox Series X?
You won’t find the Discord software on Xbox right now because it isn’t listed in the Microsoft Store. There were rumors of Microsoft buying Discord a few years ago, but that never happened, so support is still an issue.
Many people now advise adopting a third-party workaround, like Quarrel Insider.
You can locate this app by searching for “Quarrel” on the Microsoft Store. It is just a workaround to access Discord in a format that is compatible with the Xbox platform. And that’s where we have issues.
How to use Discord Voice chat on an Xbox Series X?
If the majority of the people you play with are on Discord, Discord Voice Chat may be a more appealing chatting alternative.
It’s particularly convenient if you engage in a lot of cross-platform gaming, when you want to communicate with your buddies on console but they prefer to play on PC.
This feature is supported right now, which is hopefully an indication that more Discord features will be added to the Xbox platform in the future. Now let’s see how to make it work.
- Discord Voice is now available to everyone, regardless of whether they are Xbox Insider members or not. However, if you do join the Insider programme, you are more likely to have access to future Discord integrations. For the time being, ensure you have a valid Microsoft account and are logged into your Xbox.
- On the mobile device of your choice, launch the Xbox app. Although you may potentially complete these steps using your console’s interface. Therefore, we advise starting with the Xbox app because it’s considerably simpler.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Profile symbol, then click the Settings gear.
- Select Linked accounts from the Account section.
- To continue, look for and pick the Discord option.
- In order to log in, select Continue. Have your login credentials prepared because clicking this will open a window where you may log into your Discord account. Give Discord the permissions it needs to connect, then click Authorize when you’re done.
- Now you can log into your Microsoft account in a new window. Give your login details and choose Yes to proceed.
- You may need to wait a brief period of time for the two accounts to integrate before being asked to launch the Discord app on your smartphone. You should be able to locate the voice chat or voice channel you’re looking for once it opens.