Anti wrinkle injections Brisbane centres continue to be the most popular destination for plastic surgery treatments in Australia, and for good reason. The treatments offer a viable solution for crow’s feet wrinkles, forehead wrinkles, frown lines, lip flip, and chin dimpling. While some may consider this as a case of vanity, the primary goal for the patients is to be comfortable in their skins.
Anti-wrinkle injections are also effective at stopping the ageing clock and boosting confidence levels in those who have gone through the procedure. However, have you ever wondered what causes those wrinkles, how anti-wrinkle injectables work, and when’s the best age to book your first appointment? For answers, keep on reading.
Table of Contents
Causes of wrinkles
You are fortunate that in the last few decades, revolutionary skin solutions have become available to countless Australians. Among these solutions are anti-wrinkle injections—the most preferred non-surgical cosmetic procedure. With the treatment, it’s easy to minimize the appearance of premature fine lines or wrinkles.
But what causes wrinkles?
- Ageing – As you get older, the production of natural oils and collagen decreases. This results in dry, saggy skin that enhances the appearance of crevices and lines.
- Ultraviolet (UV) rays – Over exposing yourself to the sun’s UV rays hastens skin ageing—a process sometimes called photoaging. Continuous or frequent exposure breaks down the skin’s connective properties.
- Habitual facial movements – Frowning, squinting, and smiling are all expressions that you show each day. Since your skin is losing its flexibility due to age, such harmless facial expressions can exacerbate permanent muscle contraction.
- Smoking – Tobacco smoke chemicals harm skin’s elastin and collagen, leading to dry skin, wrinkles, sagging skin, and damage.
- Alcohol – Regular alcohol consumption dehydrates the skin, increasing the chances of wrinkles developing.
How an anti wrinkle injection works
Anti-wrinkle injections contain molecules. These molecules act on the neuromuscular junction between muscle cells and nerves. In the junction, the molecules block the nerve impulse that tells muscles to contract.
The mechanism of this action is critical for people suffering from after-effects of stroke such as muscle contractions and spasticity, or cerebral palsy patients. While the doses are large—because of the muscles involved—the same principle comes into play. Weakened muscles cannot contract as much.
That is science. What about art?
Specific facial muscles contract to cause the skin to wrinkle and bunch up, and that’s where the skill of an anti wrinkle injections Brisbane expert comes in. You must choose a cosmetic physician who understands the skin’s anatomy and the muscles under it to achieve excellent results.
The right age for anti-wrinkle injections
Considering all the reasons that may cause fine lines to appear on your face, using anti-wrinkle injection options is not only for men and women of a “certain age”. More and more young people are looking for a fresh and rested appearance from this treatment. Keep in mind that wrinkles can also be because of certain lifestyle choices you make.
Overall, there is no cast-in-stone age to book for an anti-wrinkle appointment. Double chin injections Brisbane options and others can be performed at any age. Most people notice wrinkles in their mid-30s and fine lines become more prominent once they hit their 40s and beyond.
The best way to determine if you require this type of treatment is to have an in-depth consultation with an anti wrinkle injections Brisbane medical professional with experience in cosmetic procedures. They are the best resource for critical information and answers to any queries or concerns. Educating yourself about the entire process will help you make an informed, sound decision.
If you want to read more beauty articles, check out our blog today!