Whiskey makes the words flow smoothly and the world a better place to live in. Whether it’s dinner over video calls or house parties, you are likely to enjoy more with a glass of strong whiskey in your hands. It possesses the ability to transform every meal into an occasion. Make sure to try out diverse whiskey brands and acquaint yourself with the taste. Also, turn the boring quarantine days into an enjoyable one with single malt spirits obtained from top-notch distilleries.
Keep reading to know the top whiskeys with a delightful taste that you must try before this year ends.
Table of Contents
1. Ardbeg Wee Beastie
If you’re a fan of the single malt whiskeys, then you must try this Ardbeg spirit that will leave you craving for more. Ardbeg emerges with this ecstatic bourbon with around 48% alcohol by volume and a spicy flavor. Arising from Port Ellen in Scotland, this whiskey boasts peat-like, sweet, and oily essence. After some time, you might experience some dry, peppery flavors that add to the overall appeal. You are highly likely to go for this more than once as it spends around five years in the distillery. Moreover, grain alcohol is a must-try, as is the perfect blend of spicy and sweet flavors that are savory and delicious.
- The Aroma of this whiskey is quite meaty and shell-fish like at first. Cornbread fragrance, coupled up with wood shaving odor, follows the former enchanting smell. Such raw smell adds to the overall tasting experience and makes the wine worth trying.
- The taste is highly sharp and surprising due to peat-like and salty flavors. Sweetish taste follows the former and appeals to the taste buds. What’s even better is that the overall taste is that of a tar and peat combination.
2. Balvenie, The Edge of Burnhead Wood
Emerging from the ecstatic Balvenie Distillery, this whiskey is surely a must-try for all the whiskey lovers out there. Also, the name of the spirit suggests the place where the most crucial raw material, i.e. heather, resides. Further, the whiskey makers use this to dry the barley and prepare this delicious whiskey. It has around 49% alcohol by volume and is an average whiskey when it comes to strength. If you like having a glass of scotch with your meals, do give this elegant liquor a try. The whiskey contains an abundance of sugar molasses, which is evident in the taste.
- Before drinking, the whiskey gives off a dried fruit fragrance paired up with nutmeg and honey essence. You might also get to smell the citrusy notes and rich barley flavors right after you pour a glass full for yourself.
- As far as the taste is concerned, the spirit has a date and plump dry fruit-like flavor. However, it doesn’t fail to give away the oaky warmth and sweetish taste to your tongue.
3. Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique
Taiwanese whiskeys always come with higher strength, bold tastes, and delightful experience. Emerging from the years-old wine barrels, this whiskey spends at least a decade in the distillery to achieve the spicy taste. In case you like the different single malt varieties, don’t forget to try the whiskeys from King Car distilleries that are both delicious as well as healthy. Being a gold medal holder in a whiskey competition held in Los Angeles, this single malt delight is surely a must-try during the epidemic times.
- Boasting the rich earthy fragrance mixed with the peat-like notes, the whiskey is likely to appeal to your mouth like never before.
- With the taste containing plums and berries, you must try the Taiwanese whiskey at least once. Following the berries essence, the caramel-like taste is yet another possible tasting note.
4. Littlemill 29-Year-Old
Scottish distilleries never fail to amaze you with their astonishing varieties and delicious tastes. With an alcohol strength of 48%, the whiskey is best for house parties and special occasions. What makes this spirit better than the rest is the duration it spends in the distillery, i.e. 29 years. You must grab your share as early as possible because the stock for this ecstatic whiskey is limited to only 600 bottles worldwide.
- Right when you open the bottle, a rosy fragrance with floral essence welcomes you. What follows is the spicy yet cinnamon flavors coupled up with some nutmeg and tangy orange.
- With just the perfect silky texture, the whiskey boasts fruity flavors like green apple, pear, and kiwi. Along with this, the caramel and citrus notes are undoubtedly a treat for the taste buds.
5. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Bourbon Batch B520
Released in May, this whiskey is perfect for the bourbon lovers who prefer alcohol strength over tasting notes. The whiskey has around 64% alcohol by volume and is worth giving a shot. If you’re a fan of the cocoa essence coupled up with rich oaky texture, then try this spirit without giving a second thought.
- The whiskey smells of caramel and honey mostly. However, the cocoa beans, spices, and sugary essence make the whiskey lovers drool over this ecstatic drink. Make sure to grab the right food pairings for the ultimate experience.
- On tasting, the spirit gives off peppery and caramel-like flavor that is unmatchable. What follows is honey, caramel, and cinnamon essence which adds to the overall taste.
6. Old Fitzgerald Bottled In Bond
Here’s another beauty that spends around 15 years in the distillery to achieve the extravagant nose and palate tasting notes. The bourbon whiskey has an alcohol strength of 50% which makes it ideal for the house parties and similar occasions. What’s even better is that the whiskey spends most of the time in charred oak containers that enhances the taste.
- The whiskey emits a fragrance including some stones and herbs. Also, there’s a little hint of cinnamon extract that adds to the overall odor.
- Upon tasting, the whiskey is surely bright and lively with wheat and peppercorn essence and buttery texture.
7. Glasgow Distillery’s 1770 Single Malt Triple Distilled
The triple-distilled single malt whiskey appears to be a dream come true for the whiskey lovers out there. With an average alcohol strength of 46%, the whiskey is likely to occupy a place in your favorites’ list. Also, it matures in the virgin oak casks making it more subtle, fine, and spicy. You must try this sophisticated single malt during the quarantine and make the most of these days.
- It opens the nose up with caramel toffee and vanilla flavors. What adds to the overall experience is the roasted almond and tea-like essence.
- On tasting, the whiskey imparts a vanilla essence filled with tangy orange flavors. What adds to the tasting experience is cocoa fragrance and caramel hue of the whiskey.
Whiskeys never disappoint you due to the diverse range as well as types available. You can always choose your favorite flavors with whisky club and texture to enjoy the meals. What makes this spirit even better is the varieties of tasting notes like vanilla, honey, coffee, nutmeg, cinnamon, and spices. Try out the best whiskeys to fulfill your whiskey goals and gain some expertise in this.
Also read: What are The Best Japanese Whiskeys?
This is useful: The 5 Glassware Types and Their Uses