The ability to get any information without leaving home isn’t something unreal nowadays. Indeed, it’s today’s reality. Everything became possible due to the Internet. In addition to the fact that the Internet allows you to find the information you need, the network significantly expands the scope of your communication. This is possible thanks to social media platforms and messengers.
Communicating on social media networks and on some other sites can, in addition to the benefits, pose a significant danger to the child.
Parents’ Control is Crucial
Since parents are responsible for their children, they should also control the behavior of their children online. Nowadays, it is not enough to only teach a child how to cross the street, how to behave with tools, how to prepare food, and other vital things.
The informational hygiene and online security should also be controlled by parents because the Internet can bring such threats with spy apps such as keylogger for iphone that you have never thought of. So, what are the main tips to secure your child?
Lessons You Should Teach Your Child
While speaking to your child about Internet security, you should teach them teh most important “NOs,” things that they should avoid while being online. So, during the communication online, your children should NEVER:
- inform their interlocutor of the last name, home address, mobile or home phone number, their school number and location, and other information;
- post naked photos or in underwear or pajamas, as well as send the photos to someone by e-mail or via direct messages;
- disclose the passwords to their profiles. Password as the key to the apartment, so no one should give it away;
- inform anybody that teh child is currently at home alone or there is nobody else near the desktop;
- show a virtual friend in front of the webcam their body or some parts of it, or do what they do not like;
- answer questions about the child’s personal life or body (especially if it is a girl). Let the child remember that her body belongs only to her, and no one has the right to talk about it.
- tell a lot about your friends, acquaintances, and family, especially, reveal their secrets;
There are also pieces of advice, which are not so critical, but lay a significant background to the child’s security online.
- When registering on various communication platforms, you should never fill in the fields where your last name, mobile, home phone number, and home address are required. If these fields are required, it’s best to come up with a name, address, and phone number. This is necessary for the safety of the child. In general, to register on social networks and other similar sites, we would recommend creating a separate e-mail account;
- When you come up with a nickname for yourself in the Chat, it doesn’t have to look like the person’s last name. Nor should it disclose the appearance of a person;
- In social networks and similar sites, you should restrict access to your own page of people you do not know. Add to the list of your friends only those whom you know well in real life or those who have already had a good reputation.
We truly understand that nowadays, it is impossible to restrict children’s access to social media platforms and communication chats. It is because everybody around uses it, and it has become an undeniable part of our life. Some educational processes are committed through these platforms.
That is why the only way is to learn how to behave correctly in order not to threaten your online security and the security of your personal data. When it comes to the security of children, the measures have to be doubled. You can visit RealSpyApps to choose a software that would help you to control your children’s phone. Such simple steps may save your child from undesirable negative consequences.
Also read: How to Stay Sane as A Stressed-Out Parent