Google calendar error 404 can affect productivity in work. Also, many prefer the Google calendar to remember important events. The reminders and uses of this calendar are important among many users. Marking weekly events, meetings and scheduling other programs are possible with the calendar. However, when opening if you are witnessing a calendar not loading problem then there are ways to fix it.
The google calendar is unique with plenty of features that any other calendar app. Unlike any other calendar, the sharing feature is unique. Further, the meeting rooms, schedule rooms, appointment slots and are advanced features in the calendar. If you see an error 404 there are things you can do to fix it. Also, first, let us know possible causes for the error 404 and solutions for it.
Table of Contents
What is Google Calendar Error 404?
Many of the Google calendar users discuss what Google Calendar Error 404 is. For many, it is a new problem in google. Mostly, the server problems are the causes for the google error 404. Many factors can be responsible for this issue. If the google error 404 message occurs there are things you need to know about.
- Problem with the URL can be cause for google error 404. The link is incorrect or the features you are accessing are not available currently. Also, this problem can occur if your DNS has some issues.
- The browser problems due to internet connection are another possibility for the google calendar error 404. Moreover, connecting the internet connectivity can solve this issue.
- The server of the google calendar can be responsible. The time out or server, not running issues can interrupt and cause Google calendar error 404.
- The page you requested may not be able to convert into an IP. These are some browser problems that can cause google calendar error 404.
Some of the things you can do when witnessing these issues are simple
You can reload the pages and it refreshes the URL of google calendar. Checking the URL for any spelling mistake and correcting it can also help.
1. Updating the browser
If you miss out on any browser updates then google calendar error 404 can occur. Simply updating the browser is fixing the issue in many computers. Also, if you are using Google Chrome, choose the “About” option. There is an install feature in the setting that can help to update. You can follow the below steps to update the browser.
- There are three dots present in the top left corner of the google chrome browser
- Now select the help option
- Now you can find an about option for the google chrome browser
- If there is any new update then it is visible in this section.
- Click on the install option if there is any update for the browser.
- Lastly, after updating the browser you can launch the Google calendar on the web to check if it works. If the Google calendar error 404 continues try other steps.
2. Checking the internet connectivity
The Internet is crucial for web applications such as the Google calendar. You can google calendar not found error 404 on the screen if there is any problem with the internet connection. Troubleshooting your browser or internet connection can help to solve the problem.
Even if your networks but still if you see google calendar not found error 404 it is best to try these steps. Further, a refreshing internet connection will help you fix any errors.
- First, visit the internet connection by going to any website.
- Also, view if your wifi is connected properly through the settings.
- If you see poor internet, then try to reset the router. To reset a router unplugging and re-launching can help.
- Now check if the internet is proper and launch the Google calendar web on your PC. If you still witness a google calendar error 404 then try out other fixes.
3. Reviewing the extensions
404 errors google problem may be due to extensions. Many Pc’s may have extensions but some of them may be unused for a longer time. Also, some of the extensions can stop the Google Calendar from working.
Check if any extension is stopping the google calendar web try accessing it through incognito mode. In incognito mode none of the extensions in the browser work. In addition, using this mode will help you to effortlessly remove or disable extensions that cause Google calendar error 404.
- The first step is to launch the incognito mode in your browser
- To use this option locate the three dots present in the top left corner of the chrome browser.
- Now open a new incognito tab on your screen.
- The next step is to launch the google calendar on incognito mode.
- If the Google calendar opens without any error in the incognito mode then there is a problem with the extension.
- Again choose the three-dot menu to navigate to more tools options.
- Now review the extensions that are unused for a longer period.
- Remove the extensions that you are not using.
- Now close the incognito mode and launch google calendar in normal mode.
These steps will solve the 404 errors google if the problematic extension is deleted.
Cache and browser cookies can affect the performance of web applications. Clearing the cache is helping many to fix the 404 errors. If your browser takes too long to load to the Google calendar page and shows 404 errors then try these steps to fix it.
- The first step is to open the Google browser and click on the three-dot menu in the top corner of the page.
- Now choose the more tools option on your page.
- There is an option to clear browsing data on the screen.
- Now there is a pop up asking the time frame to delete browsing data.
- You can choose the all-time option and wait for a few seconds.
- If you have plenty of browsing data it may take minutes for the browser to delete.
- Now see the cookies and data on-site.
- Also, check all the cache photos and files are deleted from the system.
- Now click the clear option to proceed.
- Check and see if the Google Calendar is opening without the google calendar error 404.
These are the best fixes for the google calendar error 404 issues. The solutions are simple as you can try them on your PC.