Are you looking to slim down your thighs so that your outfits sit perfectly on your skin? It isn’t easy to tone your legs, but you must exercise, do yoga, and maintain a food diet. You must include such practices in your daily routine to live healthily. In this article, let us discuss some experts’ advice about nutritional plans and workouts on how to lose thigh fat.
Methods To Lose Thigh Fat:
1. Exercises & Workouts:
Try Doing Squats – There are tons of ideas to do squat exercises. They are
- Sumo squats
- Dumbbell squats
- Kettlebell squats
Under this squat, you will do the best workout to reduce your bigger thighs. You need to stand your feet shoulder-width apart and come down with your butt so that it is parallel to the floor. Hold for 3 to 5 seconds before returning to the standing position, and repeat it 12 to 15 times.
Try Doing Lunges – This is somewhat difficult as you will hold a dumbbell in both hands. Holding them, you are going to lean your leg right angle to the ground. You need to repeat the same for your opposite knee and repeat the same for 12-15 repetitions.
Diamond Kicks – Place an exercise mat on the floor, and you need to lie down on your backside. Rest your arms to the sides, get your legs towards the ceiling, and raise them as much as possible. This will help to squeeze your thighs and reduce the extra fat. Now, bend your knees, get the feet’ soles together, and perform repetitions 12 to 15 times. This exercise will help reduce fat in your hips, thighs, glutes, etc.
2. Maintaining Hydration In Your Body:
Staying hydrated is crucial to maintain your body so that your body is free from harmful toxins. Drinking a lot of water will help to carry nutrients to the body’s cells. You can stay flexible, as drinking water will lubricate the tissues of your body as well. Thus, at least drink 64 ounces or 8 cups of water daily.
3. Avoiding Sugary Drinks:
To maintain toned legs, avoid drinking sodas, preservative juices, energy drinks, etc. Such items have tons of sugar in them, and thus, you will get empty calories from consuming them. You may work out and reduce 300 calories, but consuming these drinks will increase your calories.
Instead of such drinks, you can drink green tea, which is good for your health. Green tea is a great source of antioxidants and protects your body from disorders like heart disease, cancer, etc.
Green tea contains the main ingredient, polyphenols, that protect your body. This tea will generate 1 to 2 calories per liter; thus, a single green tea cup will not produce calories.
Drink tea or water 30 minutes before your meal to control your intake. Thus, you can have control over your food, and thus, you will feel too much.
4. Taking Stairs Instead Of Escalator:
You can avoid using them whenever you go to malls or other places where a lift or escalator is there. Instead, you can walk up the staircase, a great underrated exercise.
This exercise will burn 8-11 calories per minute, and when you continue using 2 flights of stairs daily, it will reduce your body weight by up to 2.7 kg per year. Additionally, you can avoid arthritis in your knees by using stairs instead of escalators.
5. Maintaining A Healthy Diet:
This is another essential fact that you need to focus on reducing your unnecessary thigh fat. Also, check whether your meal contains carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals & vitamins, etc.
- You need to take meats like chicken, beans, nuts, and soy products for good protein.
- You can consider taking oats, brown rice, and whole-wheat products to control carbohydrate intake.
- Consider taking fish, nuts, olive oil, and seed oil that have rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- You need to intake more vegetables and fruits to burn off the calories.
- Eating low-fat dairy products like cottage cheese and yogurt is a good source of calcium and protein. Yogurt is one such best food that contains bacteria to digest your food.
6. Considering A Low-Carb Diet:
It is better to switch from eating carbohydrates like rice, white bread, and other starchy foods to a low-carb diet rich in proteins like soy, meats, fruits, and veggies.
You don’t have to avoid the full carbohydrate intake, but you can take 20% of carbohydrates and the remaining proteins and omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the low carbohydrates foods are
- Unprocessed meats like chicken, pork, lamb, beef, etc
- High-protein fish like tuna, salmon, trout, and mackerel
- Leafy greens, spinach, vegetables, and unprocessed cow’s milk cheeses
Some of the foods that you need to avoid consuming include,
- Sugary juices and fruits like bananas, pears, and figs
- Starchy vegetables like corn, potato, etc.
- Packaged food snacks like chips, cheese corns, etc
- Processed grains like cakes, pasta, bread, pastries, etc
7. Maintaining A Good Physical Health:
Working out is essential to maintain a healthy and fit body. When you exercise well, your body converts most of the fat into useful energy, known as Ketosis. Thus, you will not lose fat only in your thighs but all over your body. You can increase your physical activities by
- Visiting the gym and working out with the help of a fitness trainer
- Playing sports like swimming will burn a lot of calories
- Joining yoga classes and doing yoga daily to control your stress
- Going for a walk whenever you get free time or visiting shops or parks by walking
The Bottom Line:
This is all about how to lose thigh fat and overall body. When you do and follow the above practices, you will surely get results without any doubts.
Also read: Healthy Ways to Lose Weight and Feel Great