Ethical hacking has become a great career now. It is a challenging job but many find it interesting. There is never a boring movement if you become an ethical hacker. There is good payment in this job too when you become a certified ethical hacker. Here you can know all the details about ethical hacking. Also, know about salary and the apps to learn Ethical hacking. It is a great opportunity as many agencies are hiring ethical hackers.
As cyber-crime is happening everywhere many companies hire an ethical hacker to find if there is any bug in their security. So make it your dream job and reap its benefits.
Table of Contents
- Who is an ethical hacker?
- What is required to become an ethical hacker?
- What are the responsibilities of the ethical hacker?
- What is the salary of an ethical hacker?
- What are the apps to learn ethical hacking?
Who is an ethical hacker?
“To beat a hacker you must think like one”. This is a famous quote. A hacker works by finding vulnerabilities in a system. They scam many companies and steal data or money. That is why many people frown upon hackers. But there are good hackers too. They are termed, ethical hackers. Instead of finding vulnerabilities in a system to misuse people, the ethical hackers instead will work in helping companies escape from the hackers.
The ethical hackers will check if any sensitive data are openly available for the hackers to misuse. In this way, they put an end to any illegal activities. That is the reason why many computer experts are hired by companies to hack the systems and identify the issues. Then they also fix if they notice any weak points in the system. They take many precautions too and ensure that there is no room for illegal hackers. Hence ethical hackers are required in many companies today.
What is required to become an ethical hacker?
You have to think about your current field of expertise. Are you an IT professional interested in computer systems? Then you can try your hand at becoming an ethical hacker. If you are trying to choose what to study then you can take up computer science and then do courses on ethical hacking. There are also many fields available related to cybersecurity. These are some of the skills you need to become an ethical hacker.
Most of the ethical hackers were former tech support engineers. Then they climb the ladder by getting CCNA and CISSP certifications. In this way, they become certified Ethical hackers. Then ultimately they get CEH certification too. There are some skill sets required to become an hacker. Here is the list for you.
- First of all, a person has to get a bachelor’s degree in computer science or an A+ certificate.
- They have to work as a programmer for some years and also have some experience in the tech support position.
- They have to know to work with CCNA or Network+. Also, they require security certifications in CCNA or Network+.
- One has to work as a Network Engineer or a System Administrator. Then only they will have experience in working with networks and systems.
- They have to think like Network Security engineers. Therefore they will have experience in secure networks and systems.
- Have to be updated in secure networks and systems. So they have to read blogs, news, papers, and tutorials.
- Finish courses that cover Cyber Security attacks, viruses, Trojans, worms, backdoors, and more.
- Be skilled at footprinting, reconnaissance, social engineering, and penetration testing.
- Finally, get a certification in ethical hacking.
What are the responsibilities of the ethical hacker?
Other than the duties of penetrating testing systems the ethical hackers also perform other duties. They will do certain responsibilities in the companies they work for. Here are some of them for your knowledge.
- The ethical hackers will scan the opened and closed ports. Then they will make use of the renaissance tools such as the Nessus and NMAP.
- They take part in social engineering methodologies.
- They will examine the patch releases by doing vigorous analysis.
- The ethical hacker will check if they can evade Intrusion Detection systems, honeypots, and firewalls.
What is the salary of an ethical hacker?
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) gets a good payroll. That is why many people prefer this job. According to the skillset and experience of the hacker, his salary will increase. For a year a certified ethical hacker may get ₹501,101 a year.
The freshers starting their job may receive ₹3.5 LPA. So the average ethical hacker salary will be ₹29k and ₹41k per month.
What are the apps to learn ethical hacking?
There are various apps available on your phone which will help you to learn to hack. Through this, you can learn about the various tips and tricks to hack systems. Have a look at the five apps here.
Hacking Tutorials 2.0
This phone app will offer you the step by step guide to learn to hack. It contains many hacking techniques. The tutorials in it are very suitable for beginners. So it has easy and understandable ways to learn to hack. The app will make you ready to learn ethical hacking. It shows the ways to safeguard systems from illegal hackers.
The goal of this app is to help a person learn about hacking. It will also show how the other hackers work. It aids tips to protect systems. The app gives every possible technique available in hacking. Further, there are some Facebook hacking tips and others in this tutorial.
This app is the best platform that offers a lot of information about Information Security. It helps you to build a honeypot, introduces Sniffing the Wire, Cross-Site Scripting, Lockpicking, and more. There are also many other techniques to know about hacking.
White Hat Hacking Tutorials
This app is a growing community of White Hat Hackers who have given all the information about hacking. It will help a person to become a great hacker. They will get to know many details about the world of hacking. It teaches hacking basics, vulnerabilities, BackTrack, Cyber Forensics, security management, and more.
This is a great hacking app that will help you to secure Wi-Fi passwords, email accounts, take precautions, protect private information, and more. You can also know how to hide IP addresses. So from basic hacking to medium hacking techniques, you can get all the details about it in the Hack Hackers app.
If you want to become an ethical hacker then follow the tips given here. Know about the skill sets you require in becoming a hacker. Then you can get your dream job.
You may also read: Growth Hacking Agency: Should You Take Their Help for Your Business?