Have you used the dropped feature on Google maps? If you want to save a new location in Google maps then you have to drop a pin on the precise location. When you do it you can find it again. That is why dropped pin feature in Google maps is useful. It is great to find your way around if the addresses fail. It is easy to find picnic spots, a friend’s house, a park, and more. That is why precision on the map is an invaluable feature. Use the dropped pin on Google maps and share it. You can do it on both mobile and PC and it has only a slight difference.
Mark your favorite locations on the go with the dropped pin feature. Here find all the details on how to use dropped pin on Mobile and PC.
Table of Contents
How to drop a pin on the computer?
If you have a laptop or desktop here are the steps you can follow to drop a pin on Google maps.
- Find the location on Google maps. You can perform it either by searching for its name in the top box or scrolling the map.
- To drop the pin you can click on the spot which you want to drop it. Then a pop-up box appears at the bottom of the screen with the coordinates. The name describing the general area of the location will appear on the map.
- If you prefer to share the location of the pin, click the share button in the left panel.
- It gives you the choice of sharing a link or sharing the pin on the social media apps like Facebook or Twitter. Click the “Embed a map” tab so you can get a code to embed the location on the web page.
- If you prefer to save the pin for later, use the “Save” button in the left panel.
- Press it and save one of the available lists or create a new list.
- If you have dropped the pin in the wrong place, press the “X” button in the pop-up box. Delete the pin or try again.
How to drop a pin on ios and Android?
If you are using an iOS Google Maps app or the Android app the dropped pin feature is easy to do.
- Get the location you want to mark by searching in the box at the top. You can also move around the map.
- If you prefer to adjust the precise spot where the drop pin is present, hold your finger on the location to fix the pin.
- You will now have the pop-up screen at the bottom with the name and location.
- To share the pin, click the “Share button” at the bottom of the box. You will be able to send the Google maps to pin directly to the contact by looking for a name in the top box. Further, you can send it through the apps on the screen. To get the link you have to scroll across the app icons and find “Copy to clipboard”. You can also label the pin for future reference. You can swipe up to the bottom box to find more options. Then click the label button to enter the description.
- For saving the pin swipe on the bottom box and click save. Then you can choose which of the existing list you want to add the pin to. You can also make a new list by clicking the “New list” button at the top.
- Similar to the desktop method you can undo the dropped pin in Google maps. Do it by pressing the X icon.
Make the most out of dropped pin on Google maps
You can do many things by using the dropped pin on Google maps. Here are some of the uses.
Use the dropped pin for directions
Google maps’ most useful feature is its ability to offer directions. If you are unsure about the address of the specific location the dropped pins are important. You can choose to make use of the dropped pin as a starting point or an endpoint.
Save a pin location
You can save the pin’s location to the list connected to the Google account. Then you can access it on all your devices. By default, there are pre-made lists like favorites, want to go, and starred places. You can also make group lists in which anyone can add their pins. It is a useful feature for vacations and day trips.
Send desktop pin to phone
If you have dropped a pin on Google maps through the desktop version of the app, you can share it with the Google maps mobile app. Then email it to the Gmail address connected to the account. Or you can also share it through the text. Just press Send to your phone.
The Google maps desktop offers four ways to share the dropped pin with other people. You can copy and paste generated short links to share with others.
Adding a label to the dropped pin
You can label the dropped pins by a custom word or phrase. The labels sync with the Google account and appear on all Google map advisors.
These are the information you have to know about a dropped pin on Google maps. Use this feature to make your traveling comfortable. Then you can find and save addresses exactly as you want.