Today’s world is digital and because of that, there is a lot of copyright infringement. Because of this issue, many people’s work is at risk because one can steal it. That is why there is a Google feature known as Google DMCA. Through this, you will be able to report the Google DMCA removal request if any infringement happens.
If you find any file or document of yours used by other people on the internet you can immediately request Google to know about it. Then action will be taken against the copyright infringement and you can get full control of your work. So the DMCA removal request prevents any kind of plagiarism activities from taking place. With its help, you can run your website and its contents without any trouble. You can find out the details on how to use the Google DMCA.
What is DMCA?
The full form of DMCA is Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It assists you to protect your original and copyrighted material. So the robbers on the internet will not steal your files and the contents of your website. When someone steals your content there are two ways in which you can deal with the situation. You can go to the official website of DMCA services website to file a takedown notice. Then you can send it to the owner of the website. This process can cost some amount of money if you want to get the assistance you have to pay $199 per site for full assistance. For $10 per month/ $100 per year, you can send notes on your own.
But if you don’t want to spend money for sending the DMCA takedown notices you can take the issue directly to Google. It is a process.
What is Google DMCA Removal Request?
Google handles copyright infringement issues strictly. So when there is a Google DMCA complaint it allows the webmasters to file a takedown notice. It is called the copyright removal notice and you can create the file using the removal dashboard. Plus you can also use the Webmaster Tools account. Here are some of the ways to use the DMCA removal request.
- Google does not promise the removal using its DMCA removal process.
- It will take up to ten days for Google to accept or reject the request.
Then after verifying the complaint Google will quickly remove the pages without any notice to the recipient or requestor. Also, the requester can check whether the page is removed or not. Then the recipient will receive the email after their page is taken down from the search results.
All of the complaints will get recorded in the Lumen database. It will show in the search results for all to see.
After Google removes the page AdSense ad serving will stop working on the copyright infringed page.
Also read: How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps: (On Mobile and PC)
What to do before filing a complaint?
You have to be prepared with the following before filing the complaint in Google DMCA.
- The URL with the original content.
- URL where there is your copied content.
- The copyrighted content with 500 words in length.
These are the details you have to keep ready to file a complaint and send the Google DMCA removal request. You can combine all pages in one notice or file to send separate complaints or all in one.
How to file a complaint in Google DMCA?
You have to visit the Google removal dashboard and then log in with your credentials to your Google account. In the dashboard, you can see the details of the previous notices. Press on to create a new notice and you will get the complaint form on the screen. You will find a warning message that will say that a false complaint may end up in penalties. So make sure whether your complaint is legitimate or not. Then follow the steps below.
- You have to fill in the personal details like first name, last name and the optional company name.
- Choose the copyright holder as “Self” and then enter your email address.
- Select the country of origin from the dropdown. Check the country where you have the facility to handle the legal issues.
How to fill in the copyrighted work details?
In this form, you have to fill in the details you have already prepared.
- First of all, you have to describe the work which was copied. You have to exactly copy and paste the infringed content from the original website as well as the plagiarised website. This is definite proof for Google to take action against the website that copies content.
- You have to offer the authorized example of the work. Fill the webpage URL with the original content available.
- Then offer the location of the infringing material where the stolen content is published.
How to file many requests?
- If you want to file many URL infringements in one request you can click the “Add a new group” link.
- It will open another form where you have to fill in the same details of the copyright infringed webpage.
- You will be able to file many requests in a single request.
But one thing that is recommended is filing each request separately. This is because the Google DMCA will process each of the URLs one by one eventhough you file a complaint against multiple URLs.
How to file sworn statements?
There will be a last section in the complaint and here you have to confirm the details. Check if you are correct and sign the document digitally. At last press the “I’m not a robot” option and verify if you are a human or not. Then send the statement.
How to track the removal notices?
After filing the request for Google it will not send any messages in reply to you. But you have to manually track the notice using the removal dashboard. Here are the steps you can follow.
- The removal dashboard will show each of the requests in the form of a link.
- Press on to view the details of the URLs from which you can file complaints.
- After the processing, you will find the status of whether the request is accepted or not.
- If rejected you will find the reason for the rejection.
By using the points given above you can file a Google DMCA removal request against copyright infringement. This will help you to take action against those who steal your hard work in the website.
Also read: Performing Content Maintenance for SEO Purpose with Proper Research