Making small but impressive things can prove to be quite inspiring for young children. It provides them with a great feeling of accomplishment. And that is something that will always prove to be helpful for them, as this helps boost their confidence and make paper hats is one such thing.
Paper art is beautiful and intriguing. Anyone, even kids, can make many things with plane pieces of paper, bringing them nothing but joy. Also, these art pieces help inspire them in more of a more constructive way as it is no certainty that they will succeed on their very first try. This helps make children more determined and inspired for themselves.
All the Ways to Make Paper Hats
Below are all the easy but fun ways to make a paper hat for yourself, or you can even teach your kids to do the same.
Paper Cone Hat
- Take a large plane sheet of paper in the shape of a square, and trace a semi-circular figure over the piece of paper.
- Now, cut out the said semi-circular part of the paper following the tracing that you did priorly on that paper.
- Make some angled cuts on the cut paper, taking the middle of the straight line as the reference point.
- Make cuts in such a way that the resultant figure is in the form of a defolded cone.
- Hold the ends of the circular arch of the piece of paper, and fold it in the shape of a cone. You can overlay both ends to make it even more convenient or better for you.
- Use paper tape to hold the ends together.
And, you will get a paper cone hat.
After finishing the task, you can use glitter or other designed things or drawings on the paper hat to make it personal.
- Take a rectangular sheet of paper and fold it towards the opposite side to the one that you hold one at a time. Do this for both the length and the breadth of the sheet.
- Now, fold the sheet across the breadth of the sheet such that the longer side of the paper does not get folded in half.
- Take the folded ends of the paper in hand, and fold those towards the midline of the paper sheet, taking the earlier marginalized lines as reference. Do this for both sides.
- A small portion of the paper will be left out when folding; fold that piece of paper horizontally upwardly.
- Turn the paper, and do that from the other end too.
- Fold the ends so that there is no rear or tear in the paper. Use paper tape to ensure that the design does not unfold.
You can use feathers or handmade designs to make the paper hats stand out more.
- Take a large strip of paper in the form of a rectangle. Ensure that the measurement of the strip is about the size of your head.
- Glue the strip to make it into a perfectly circular shape.
- Now, make multiple straight strips of the same kind. You can use different colors to make this more appealing.
- Take a strip of paper and glue it over the inside part of the main strip, and connect the end of the strip to the part that is directly opposite to it.
- Do it for as many strips as you want, but you must try this with at least 4 of these.
The result of this will be a perfect beanie-shaped paper hat.
- Take a long strip of paper with a width of 3.5 inches, and make a zig-zag-shaped pattern over the said strips. Mind that the pattern does not connect the ends at either side of the length of the strip.
- Follow the outlines you just made, and use scissors to cut the pattern. Ensure that the entire pattern is intact as a one-piece design.
- Now, join all the top ends of the small triangles that you have got on the strip at a single point.
- Fix the point using a button pin.
- Now, take another sheet of paper, and cut it into the shape of the shads of a cap.
- Make a pattern similar to one that you made at the beginning of this project on the inside edge of the paper.
- Glue both the papers together in the best suiting way.
You can use papers of two different colors, even make drawings, or use stickers over the paper to make the paper baseball hat more intriguing.
Community Helpers Paper Hats
- Take a long strip of paper in the shape of a rectangle about the size of the circumference of your head.
- Now, glue both ends of the strip of paper to make it into a perfect circular shape.
- Now, take a plane sheet of paper, and trace a semi-circular shape over the sheet.
- Cut that tracing out with the help of a scissor.
- Attach the cutting on the mid part of the circular strip you made before this.
- Hand-draw any kind of public service community logo on the extended piece of paper to express your gratitude towards the said community.
Paper Plate Craft
- Take a paper plate of a relatable size. Know that the thickness of a paper plate is about twice the thickness of a normal sheet of paper.
- Point out the exact position of the center for that paper plate, and trace a circle over the paper plate with a radius smaller than the radius of the entire plate (about 1 inch lesser).
- Using this line as a reference, make zig-zag-shaped tracings over the inside of the circle you just made.
- Use a paper cutter to cut out the pieces of paper that are of no need to you (the part that is not included in the shaded part that you just made).
- Fold the zig-zag figures outward to make those more dominant in the paper hat.
You can use stickers over the sticking-out ends of the tips of those small ends of the zig-zag pattern.
Also read: Easiest Method for How To Crochet A Hat For Beginners