Ever feel like you need a break or want to get away. But going at it alone doesn’t sound as fun as having your girls come with you. If you do, then it’s time for a girl’s trip. A weekend girls trip is a short vacation you take with your girlfriends. It can be just out of town or a completely new country; you can make it a camping trip or a shopping spree, as long as you have your friends with you.
Going on a weekend girls trip with your girls can be quite a memorable experience. Taking a vacation can improve your health, but it also helps you with mindfulness. When on vacation, you can reduce your stress levels, which does wonders for your mental and physical health. Taking a vacation can also reduce metabolic syndromes such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and abnormal cholesterol level.
A girl’s trip is usually a special event, and you should plan it to make it more memorable. Here are some tips for planning a special girl’s trip over the weekend.
A Weekend Getaway Done Right
Going on a vacation solo or as a couple is simpler than wrangling a group together. There are more schedules to accommodate, income levels, and varying interests to consider. But if you plan it correctly, you can pull it off no problem.
Every plan needs to have an objective. If it’s to make it unique for one person, say a birthday trip or a bachelorette party that is simpler, you only need to ask one person. It may be harder to agree if it’s a group objective, but there will also be more freedom to accommodate everyone’s taste and finance it. To create a girls’ trip plan, you need to determine the following;
- What will constitute a fun weekend girls trip? Are you trying to bond, relieve stress, create adventurous memories, or grow spiritually?
- Who should get an invitation? If it’s to please one person, the list is usually small and simple. Some group members will want to bring along someone they are close to so that they feel comfortable. A group trip will have to accommodate everyone, so it may become longer.
- Where should the trip go? Is it a single location or more than one location? Is it a road trip, or will you need to book airline tickets?
- What activities will be on the trip? Keep in mind that this will have a considerable effect on the budget. Try to add inexpensive activities to the list.
- What is the budget? This is a headline topic, one of the most important parts of planning the trip. You will have to account for travel, accommodation, activities, meals, and any other expenses. Assumptions can be expensive, so be clear about who is attending, what they should expect, and timelines.
Also read: 6 Most Amazing Things That You Will Get To Experience When You Will Move Away From Your Hometown
Planning for the Weekend
Communication will be important moving forward. Everyone needs to be on the same page, have the same information, and participate in the decision-making. A misunderstanding can create frustration and budget imbalances and potentially ruin the trip before it starts.
So have clear, open communication with all participants. You can start a group text, Facebook event, or use Google Docs to share information.
Start planning for the weekend girls trip as early as possible. It will give everyone enough time to prepare and open up their schedule. Early planning is vital for those with families or demanding jobs. If you start planning three months before the event, it will increase your chances of success. Planning early also allows you to book early, which means you can research services, their prices and even get discounts.
Have activities that will achieve the goal of the trip. The activities have to consider everyone’s interests. You may not be able to do everything everyone wants, but you can choose activities that everyone can enjoy. Planning your activities lets you keep the trip packed with something to do, rather than have dull moments of nonactivity. Activities can be;
- Wine tasting on a scenic wine farm.
- Horseback riding.
- A short boat cruise down the river.
- Spa treatments.
- A live show.
- A shopping spree.
It could be fun to follow a particular theme for a weekend. Like a sightseeing trip, a trip focused on a bachelorette party, a spa trip, camping, or snow activities all around the theme or vibe of the day. There will be a time when you need to finalize everything, but before you do that, ensure that everyone is still on board.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Your girls are the world, so explore the world with them. Don’t let life pass you by; create memories with them. It’s easy to feel intimidated with the logistics of planning a weekend away, but you’d be surprised with how quickly it comes together. Make things easier on the group by having everyone chip in; part of the fun is in the planning and anticipation, so enjoy it.
Also read: 7 Signs That Are Telling You To Leave Your Work and Plan Your Next Getaway ASAP