A well-liked drinking game called Beer Pong, commonly referred to as Beirut, is played all around the world. Two opposing teams compete by trying to get their ping pong ball to land in a beer cup on the other side of the table by throwing it across the table.
In a variety of settings, including bars, colleges, institutions, and house parties, beer pong is very popular. The Ivy League Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, where it was first played, is where it is said to have evolved. Here, the game originally required bats and a net and resembled table tennis, but over time, it has become simpler and no longer requires the use of bats or paddles.
Although there is a World Series of Beer Pong, the game of Beer Pong is not governed by any official body or organization because it is a fun and informal drinking game.
It continues to be a widely-liked game that needs a surprising amount of skill as well as a little bit of luck. But, since it usually involves drinking, only players who are of legal drinking age where the game is played should participate.
Aim of The Game
Beer Pong’s goal is for one side to eliminate all of its competitors’ cups to win the match. The fact that this game almost usually involves alcohol and college students leads many people to believe that the other goal of the game is to get drunk.
It is not uncommon for some players to purposefully be horrible at the game to ensure that they acquire more alcohol because the better you are at the game, the less you end up drinking.
Players and Equipment
Beer Pong can be played one-on-one or between two teams of four players, with two players on each team. A suitable table, some cups, and a ping pong ball are all that are needed for playing Beer Pong in terms of equipment.
The most typical method is to utilize disposable plastic cups, and each team then arranges their cups (often numbered 10 or 15) in an equilateral triangle on their side of the table, all of which have been filled with the same amount of beer. The ball can be rinsed between tosses in a different cup as well.
- Although there are no restrictions on the kind of beer that must be used, the ABV typically ranges from 3% to 5%. If players prefer to play a version of the game without alcohol, they can substitute other drinks like spirits or even water.
A points score in Beer Pong is not maintained in the same manner as in sports like hockey or soccer. A scoring system does exist, though. Because each team starts with 10 or 15 cups, it is possible to tell which team is in the lead as they attempt to quickly bring the other team’s score to zero. The team with the most cups is always in the lead.
The Game’s Victory
One team successfully eliminates every cup from their opponent to win the game. A draw can happen if both teams have one cup remaining and both eliminate the other team’s cup on their final turn.
If this happens, the normal procedure to choose a winner in overtime, where three cups are utilized and the first team to eliminate the opposition’s cups is declared the winner, with additional rounds of overtime being played if needed.
- A shutout occurs when a team dominates its opponent, knocks out every cup they are up against, and keeps all of its cups. The winning team may issue a dare to the losing team in this situation, and the losing team is required to accept it. A common example of this is doing something embarrassing, like jogging outside while naked or consuming a lot of alcohol.
Beer Pong Rules
- Once the teams are set up, the first team to go must be chosen. A coin toss or a brief round of “Rock, Paper, Scissors” are the two most common means to resolve this.
- A set quantity of beer (or another alcoholic beverage) is put in each cup of an equilateral triangle of cups (10 or 15) that is set up in front of each squad. A second cup will be provided to each team for individual users to rinse the ping pong ball.
- Each member of the team that goes first then launches a ping pong ball into the cups of their rivals. A member of the other team must drink everything in their cup if one or both balls successfully land there, and the cup is then taken out of the game.
- Until one side has taken away every cup from the other team, the team’s alternate turns.
- The game is tied if both teams remove their opponent’s last cup on their final turn. The winner in this situation is the first to knock out all of the opponent’s cups after three cups are re-racked and overtime is started. If several draws occur before a clear winner, additional overtime rounds will be played.
- Beer Pong shooting can be done underarm or overarm, and the ball can be thrown into the cup or tried to be bounced into it.
- Beer Pong is a game that requires caution and responsible drinking from all participants.
Above we mentioned the details of the game beer pong. Also, in this post, we have included the players and equipment required for the game and all the rules that will help you to understand the game. So, go through this article for a better understanding of this game.
Also read: The Best Secrets to Win War Card Game