At some point in time, it is essential to move on from clip-on ties. It may seem tough for some men to tie a tie. However, the how-to-tie tie guide can give important tips. As you know, there are many ways to tie a tie. Beginners can start with the simple method to effortlessly learn to make a tie. Further, with patience on and practice is what you need to make a perfect tie. Plus, a crisp tie can look stunning with any professional outfit.
You do not have to be an expert to tie a tie. But, you just have to know what is the convenient method to tie a tie every day.
Here is an exceptional guide on how to tie a tie.
Table of Contents
A basic way to tie a tie
1. Four hand knot is a basic way to make your tie. It is one of the effortless ways to do it. You can learn it quickly with some practice. Furthermore, let us see step-by-step tips to tie this basic tie.
2. The first step is to wrap your tie around the shirt collar. The wider end of your tie should be on the right and the narrow end on the left. Further, keep the wider end of the tie inches higher than the other side.
3. The next step is to create a cross between both ends. Also, bring both ends of the cloth into a cross near your neck.
4. After creating a cross, make a loop with the wider end of your tie. Plus, to make a loop you need to fold the wider side under the narrow end.
5. Now fold the wider end one more time with the narrow end. Further, use your left to hold the knot while using your right hand to fold.
6. As you have a knot in your tie holds it slightly loose. Now pull the wider end of the tie through the knot. Moreover, with this step, you can secure the knot in your tie.
7. This is the last and easy step of a four-in-hand knot which is tightening the knot. You can adjust the tie length by knot. Further, ensure that the knot of your tie is close to your collar. Also, pull down the collar to complete the look.
Pratt Knot: The best formal tie
1. The Pratt Knot is a neat and formal way on how tie a tie. You may wonder what is different in this tie. It is the upside way you make this tie. Further, to try this tie you need to drape the tie upside down. Let us see a few steps to make this basic tie.
2. The first step is to drape the tie on your collar upside down. The seam wider end should be on the right side and the narrow side on your left.
3. To make the Pratt Knot hold the wider side of your tie below the belt line. Moreover, the narrow part of the tie should be smaller.
4. The next step is to make a cross with both ends. Ensure that the wider end of your tie is underneath the narrow end. Also, the wider should be a bit longer.
5. Now take the wide end tip and tuck it into the loop. By doing this you will create a first knot in your tie.
6. Make sure after the above step pulls the wide end in the same direction.
7. Now from the last step, you can see a horizontal loop on the front of the tie. Further, now insert the wider end into the loop and pull it downwards.
8. Lastly, adjusting the knot can offer the perfect formal look. Now close the collar and make adjustments in the tie if needed.
The classic Windsor tie
1. The first step is to drape the tie around your shirt collar. Plus, to tie this tie you may need a lot of cloth. So, make sure that you keep the wider end lower and the narrow end lower too.
2. The next step is to create a cross with the tie. However, you need to bring a wider end to the left side to create this cross.
3. Now you have a loop in your tie. You need to pull the wider end from the inside of the loop. By doing the before step you will have the first knot on your tie.
4. After getting the wider end into the loop you will have it near your left chest.
5. The next step is to create another knot with a wider end. Also, you need to pull the wider end through the loop again and bring it out on the right side.
6. To hide the knot cover you need to fold the narrow end horizontally.
7. After completing the above step fold the wider end backwards which will create a loop. Again insert a wider end through the loop frontwards.
8. Now gradually tighten the tie. Further, the classic Windsor tie is exceptional for any formal wear. This can create a stunning look for the office, work parties or meetings.
The casual yet formal tie
1. The Half Windsor is a cool and formal tie to wear to the workplace. The triangular knot in this tie can make your outfit stunning. You can almost wear it with any collar type. Ties that come in thicker fabric are ideal for this tie. Also, you can easily learn how to tie the tie with step-by-step instructions. Let us see the steps you need to follow on how tie this tie.
2. Wrap the tie around your collar. The wider end should fall on your left side and your narrow end on your right side.
3. Now you need to make a cross with the tie. To make a cross hold the narrow end still and pull the wider end behind the narrow end.
4. After creating a cross now insert the wider end into the loop and bring it to the left side.
5. Now cover the knot with the wider end taking it to the left side.
6. Again fold the wider end by and bring it through the loop from the front.
7. Lastly, clutch the tie and make adjustments if needed.
These are the top easy ways to tie a tie. You can try any of these ways to look the best in your formal wear. The first time you may not get it. But, try a few times to learn how to tie a tie.